Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Titanium X Business Edition Dab Problem

pagdodd

OK, so the cynic in me is starting to win out on this one...................................

I'm going to give it another month before looking at my legal options. Rather than pursue the dealers, I wonder is it possible to get some sort of "group" legal action against Ford Motor Company as each of us individually taking action against the dealers won't hurt Ford at all ? I believe this affects more than Mondeos of this era, so there are potentially hundreds of Ford cars out there with this problem. I suspect some people have the problem and are being given the "update" story and can't be bothered to go any further and probably some don't even know about it ? I think action on social media is also an option - places like Twitter & Facebook reach a large audience and if you can get enough momentum with bad publicity, it might just twist Ford's arm to finally sort it.

Maybe I'm going a bit too far on this, but I'll take a look into it and see what legal options are there - not that I'm a lawyer or anything !

Im happy to help where I can even though mine was fixed last week by Ford who told me they "reloaded" the software but im worried it could go again. I had only had my car in june this year b4 it went on me!

Im unsure legally how it can be progressed but given most cars are still in Warranty this should help. Also for those who have paid by Credit Card your also covered by legal protection there, which is what I would have tried to use against them given ive only had mine since June.

My Mondeo is also a 2013 model like yours....

I like the idea of Twitter using #ford and #fordwarranty #forddabstinks or something similar!

I bought my car in February and the fault appeared in April. I took it back to the dealer who of course couldn't repair it....or do anything else for that matter. I made numerous calls to the dealer and to Ford and got nowhere so I invoked the Sale of Goods Act. Normally faulty goods must be returned within 3 to 4 weeks for a refund however if the goods are found to be faulty within 6 months of purchase it is up to the seller to prove that the fault didn't exist when the sale took place. In this case clearly the faulty software was present when the car was made and the onus is on the seller to rectify the fault. Again in this case the dealer couldn't rectify the fault. I expected a long battle with the dealer over this but was surprised when one of the Sales Managers accepted the situation and gave me a number of options including compensation or a refund. On balance I'd prefer to keep the car if the fault can be sorted hence waiting and trying to put pressure on Ford.

I'd be interested in anything else that you think can be done but I think everyone with the fault should at least raise a complaint with Ford which will force them to respond and send a collective message to them

Ive just got in from a long hot run in hot sunny California (near the big wild fires unfortunately) anyway on my run I thought I would re-iterate to you guys that I took my car to a Ford Dealer in Belper Derbyshire a few weeks ago and they took 2 days to say they could not fix it. I then dropped it off at a Ford dealer in Somercoates Derbyshire and they fixed it straight away. Maybe its worh asking your dealer if they can get in touch with Somercoates Ford and ask what they did? Im happy to provide me number plate if any one wants to try this via private message...

Thanks swilt it's worth a phone call. Don't think I'll need your reg.no but will let you know

Ford phoned today to say that at last the software update to fix the DAB is now available to dealers so I've booked my car in for next Monday to be updated. Fingers crossed

Yep, my dealer called to day with the same message that the update is available, so mine's booked in for next Tuesday. According to my dealer, Ford say its already been successfully installed on a number of vehicles, but mine is the first my dealer will try it on. Lets hope this is a long term fix.

Mine is booked in tomorrow, Galaxy not Mondeo, same dab radio. Hope they have the software update.

From what I understand just rebooting will fix it, just not long term. Hopefully this will work

Well it went in today and came out working, haven't checked what version it is yet but they said they updated the software.

Here's hoping it stays fixed

That sounds like good news - here's hoping :)

I'd be interested to know the version you're now on ?

Car went into the dealer today for the DAB software update and it's working ok. The software version numbers are unchanged

The software version numbers are unchanged

Well, if they've really updated the software then that doesn't say much for their version control :rolleyes:

Well, if they've really updated the software then that doesn't say much for their version control :rolleyes:

I couldn't agree more - I'm still cynical it is a software "upgrade" at all and there's something else Ford have discovered that they don't want to share. Worst case, this isn't a permanent fix but just some sticking plaster until all the warranties expires and they aren't under any obligation to fix it.

MIne's going in tomorrow, so I'll see what I can find out from my dealer when I get it back.

I'm still cynical it is a software "upgrade" at all

I'd agree with that. I'm in the software development business and it seems very strange that some units work fine and some don't. That tends to imply to me that there are slightly different versions of hardware out there. It 'could' be that the old software doesn't handle some versions of the hardware so well and that the 'new' software does OR it could be that there isn't really new 'software' as such and that the update just 'tweaks' the firmware in the unit a bit to fix those units that exhibit a problem.

Mine went in yesterday for the "update" and the DAB is now working. As per others, the S/W revision displayed on the unit has not changed.

I did check the Fortd ETIS site before I took the car in and under the changes & updates tab, the DABM module states "no actions for this module are available at this time" ?

Anyway, lets see how it goes and here's hoping its a permanent fix.

Well the last time my DAB went off was on a long journey, l haven't been able to replicate this since as the furthest I've been is 50 mile, where I can pick up their stations from my home so I assume I was still in range.

Could anyone confirm theirs is still working after the "update" if they have driven out of their local radio transmission zone?

Hi, I have just completed a 300 mile round trip (150 each way if my maths are good) and it worked without any issue, but I think your correct if I remember back mine went on a trip to Liverpool (100 mile away)

What I have found strange and this may not be the radio but I dont remember it being like this b4 it went wrong is some mornings talksport / absoulute radio is perfect when i pull off my drive, then in the evening or next day its garbage!.

I never had this problem with pure digital radio I installed myself in previous car. Not sure if others are seeing issues since dab was fixed for them...

I'm currently 100 miles from home and no problems. At home yesterday something odd happened when I turned on the radio without starting the engine. DAB wasn't on the list of options on the screen and I couldn't find any digital stations. Feared the worst but all was well after I started the engine. Haven't been able to tune in to 5 live sports extra yet but maybe it's a signal issue. I'll try again while I'm down in Leeds

Just got my car back from ford dealer dab now working ok they told me they reloaded software, just hope that it is a permanent fix to the problem.

• 5 weeks later...

Well the problem has returned for me. It was fixed with software reload a couple of months ago as discussed previously on here. This morning it was fine, but now there is no sound and I cant tune to any other DAB station. FM etc is fine. Guess I will book it in again on Monday but my warranty runs out in a few weeks so unsure how that leaves me if it goes again later in the year, which I fully expect now! :-(

Sorry to hear that. Like you I thought that this issue was put to bed. Mine has worked fine since the new software was installed. Good luck on Monday

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club