Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange wind noise, like door ajar / window open??

Vas

Hi everyone,

I have just picked up a '53 TDCi & have noticed what seems to be excessive wind noise when driving, from around the drivers door (the kind of noise you get if the door is slightly ajar, or the window is not fully closed). However the door shuts firmly & is completely flush with the body, and the window appears to be going up as far as is possible - I tried operating the electric window whilst the door trim was removed so that i could push it up by hand if needed, but there was no room for further movement. I've also moved my hand around the window / door seals when driving but couldn't feel any obvious source of air getting in.

I've read some posts here & elsewhere referring to adding extra sound proofing, etc, around the door seals to help quieten down the ride, which I've done using adhesive-backed weatherproof foam seals, but it seems to have made no difference. The passenger side doesn't seem to be producing the same noise & it's really beginning to wind me up.... :huh:

My next step is to go see my Dad & borrow his '52 1.6 petrol Focus to see if this sounds the same, but I thought I'd check in here & see if anyone could shed any light on it - has anybody else had any similar experiences or have any ideas where this sound could be coming from?

Any help much appreciated!!

P.S. it's only a 2 door by the way, so I know the noise isn't from the back door / window, etc.

My wifes Focus makes a wind noise when above 50 mph but I've only noticed it on the passenger side as I'm rarely allowed to drive her car lol.

Its the five door though so unsure whether its coming from the front or rear offside door. Its just a minor issue on a major list of faults we have had with this car since buyinig, so not been one I have looked into much.

My wifes Focus makes a wind noise when above 50 mph but I've only noticed it on the passenger side as I'm rarely allowed to drive her car lol.

Its the five door though so unsure whether its coming from the front or rear offside door. Its just a minor issue on a major list of faults we have had with this car since buyinig, so not been one I have looked into much.

Cheers for the reply, I've just driven my Dads this evening & his seems to be fairly noisy as well (not sure if its quite as bad as mine though), so maybe its just the Focus in general(?). Perhaps my previous car (MkII Mondeo Ghia) was better sound-proofed with it being a higher spec & I just got used to it. Oh well, guess it'll just be a case of turning up the stereo - seems to cure most other noise-related problems :lol: