Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Offset Aftermarket Alloys

crimeblitz

hey guys, been quiet for a while. Ive scanned the search but cant find my answer. Im getting some 18 x 8 team dynamics wheels for my 2010 focus zetec s but the recommended offset on all the alloys websites is 35 or 45. I understand offset and its concept etc so my question is this:

Which offset should I go for out of the two? I want the wheels further to the outside of the arches for a wider stance than standard as I think the standard alloys sit to far inside but don't want any scrubbing. Should I just trust the judgement of my local alloys place where I buy them or make the choice myself?

As always, if you have pics with either of these offsets fitted to your focus then please stick them up.

thaaaaanks

If you want the wider stance look, then get on eBay and buy some 5/10mm spacers which will budge ur rims out and allow for a wider tyre, but this will set you back around £100 ish for a proper set....

• Like 1

from what I understand the higher the offset the further out they will sit.

my wheels offset is ET45 and I have 19's on my Focus

the tyres are very close to the arches

20130726_153249_zpsfbb038b4.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks again Sal, knew you wouldn't let me down lol, you posted the first time I asked this question a long time ago. don't suppose you can take a head on and a rear on squared shot so I can see? They look pretty flush from your above pic, which would be the look I want. I take it you don't scrub anywhere on full lock etc (appreciate tyres can affect that but you have teeny rubber bands on to counter the 19ness :-) )

Lower offset value = further to the outside.

Higher offset value = further to the inside.

The prescribed offset for the Focus MK2/MK2.5 is 52.5 mm. Most OEM wheels do have this offset. Some wheels of the Ford accessoire program have an ofsett of 50 mm. in my opinion you should not fit wheels with an offset below 40. Many Volvo wheel have an offset of 43 en they will fit/look nice on a Focus MK2/MK2.5.

A wheel with an offset of 45 mm will sit 7.5 mm further to the outside than a stock wheel of the same width. The trackwidth will be 15 mm wider. this has exactly the same effect as spacers of 7.5 mm on each side.

Note that a different offset may reduce the life of the wheel bearings dramatically. It also can make a car extremely sensitive for road damage/track formation.

• Like 1

45 will probably be the safer bet of the two choices then. im not a big fan of spacers to be honest so I wouldn't go down the spacer route, hubcentric or otherwise

just realised I signed into the wrong account!! this is my usual one lol. Question still applies though

Hi Matt

sorry for the delay, hope this pic helps

20140511_145906_zpsz4yfmaoo.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club