Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Project Ruby: Fez Mk6.5

JonBon

post-54107-139973405448_thumb.jpg

Ok, so this is Ruby and over the coming months I am going to be gradually adding some subtle mods and hopefully doing the majority myself with a bit if help from you guys and the forums along the way so I thought I would start a thread to show progress.

• Like 1

Ok so my first modification is some after market alloys, an easy addition but I think really is a great start to making any car look better.

Plus my ford alloys were basically egg shaped all round so rather than go to a scrappy and replace with the standards which appear to be made of cheese I thought a nice new set would get the ball rolling nicely.. post-54107-139973429786_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Looks good mate, what else have you got planned for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Thanks Chris :0)

The door trims and mirror covers are next in line, I want to colour code and also want to sort the door handles out, however I want to do it myself so a few visits to some scrap yards to pick up some spare standard items as don't want to take mine off and ruin them! Also there are some small marks and dents that I want to have repaired to get the bodywork back to A1 condition. Once the bodywork is plush and sorted I'm thinking of some lowering springs.. Any advice from people in the best way to proceed with the above or any known pitfalls please feel free to comment as this is my first car and I'm very new to this!

The only thing I colour coded on mine was the wing mirror covers, easy enough to remove and paint and can still be used whilst they are off being painted with no issues

Couple of coats of primer, base coat and clear

The fog light surrounds should also be easy to remove and paint, but I've seen people do them and the grilles in gloss black which looks good

I hadn't actually considered the dogs as yet, you got any pics of yours..?

Nope, sorry mate haven't got my fezza anymore

There's quite a few pictures on google of ones that have been painted gloss black, gives it a more expensive look rather than the stock injection moulded plastic color

I hadn't really looked at it like that until you said lol, however now I'm thinking "will have to replace that with a de badged grill and paint it.."

This is going to be an expensive hobby!

It may be worth getting a spare fog surround off eBay, painting that and fitting it to see how it looks with the stock grilles

Might not look too bad

That's kind of my plan with most of it to be honest, I'm thinking that I don't want to over do it on the colour coding and it end up looking like a new micra.. That would suck..

• Like 1

looks like you have made a good start so far fella.

Cheers mate, it's gonna take a while but will be worth it!

Looking good so far :)

Thank you :) she's a pretty little thing and my first car so I'm keen to make her look decent, there is no point in making her look to rad tho as she's only a 1.4 and I hate it when cars have got massive body lots and showy stuff all over and then takes 20 seconds to reach 60mph... Just going to do the subtle mods and colour coding and just make her look nice and smart, I love the colour as it is so just gonna keep with it, although at some point those alloys might go white...

• Like 1

Looks good mate, that's the best attitude to have when it comes to first cars don't spend too mućh, just tidy it up and save for something bigger :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club