Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Fiesta 1.25 Ecoboost 2014 Fuel Pump

Theresa67

Ok so I have had my Fiesta Zetec S since the 20th of March. Today on my way to work I broke down , after being towed to the dealership , I was told about a problem that they are having with the fuel pump. My car is the sixth one in the area to suffer from this problem. Has anyone else had or heard about this problem that has left me with a slow, shed on wheels of a courtesy car? I'm feeling very upset as I was also told that it may not be able to be fixed until the end of the month.

This is on a new fiesta?

Very odd, although I read something not too dissimilar somewhere on the forum not very long ago so perhaps it is a bad batch!

Yes four weeks old

Yeah I read something somewhere on the fiesta forum about this, I cant remember exactly but believe it was on the same lines.

• 3 weeks later...

We've just had the same thing. Had to be towed to the Dealer after driving just 500 miles from new. They have had the car for 10 days already and no sign of a new fuel pump being available.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi , our fiesta ecoboost broke down 10 days ago , after no one ringing to let us know what was going on I finally rang myself today , being told that it's the fuel pump , being told it's gonna take 3 days to order new one and then they have to fit it , really bad customer service , sounds like ford need to sort this problem out quick

Christ, only 700 on the clock, wont be long and they will be going as they drive it off the transporter.

Hi guys

I had my car checked for this as I also have a new fiesta, It is an issue that only affects certain models made in a certain time in February of this year which could be affected by the fuel pump issue.

• 3 months later...

Hi. Bought our '63 plate Zetec S EcoBoost with 3,500m on the clock. Did a back-to back road test with two cars (different wheels/colours/price). One car as it turned out very quiet in-tank fuel pump, other (which we bought!), had an instantly noticeable noisy pump, my wife noticing it straight away as it was so obvious. Being reasonable sorts we opted to run it 'til next service (5,600m) to see what if anything happened. Definitely not any better! a bit worse. Definitely not like 'almost silent' other car tested. Dealership agreed based on original test/ 'new' direct comparison. New pump ordered. Delivery 'about a week'. Have read similar reports elsewhere, 'Honest John' perhaps? re now a different spec/manufacturer of pump?? Sounds fortunate that unlike a few others it did not turn into a 'Rescue & Recovery' job especially as we have recently spent time up in the Lake District! We were reasonable, dealer very much so in return. Ford possibly already have a 'handle' on it too? Hope it arrives soon and is okay.

• 8 months later...

Hi - a belated entry to this topic having suffered a breakdown on the M40 10 days ago! Our 15m old Fiesta Zetec Ecoboost lost power with all of the symptoms of fuel failure and was eventually relayed home late one Sunday evening before being towed the following morning into the Ford dealership from which it was purchased. Turned out to be the fuel pump, a replacement was fitted whilst a courtesy replacement was supplied until the repaired car could be collected 3 days later. The whole process was managed by FordAssist and went very smoothly but has inevitably left us with some concern that a brand new vehicle should fail in such a short time. I'm still awaiting the dealer's report on the issue (and questioning Thrifty Car Rental's charge of £18 for the courtesy car which was topped up with fuel just before returning it. Their collection journey cannot have been more than 20 miles!!!).

Sadly this is a known issue, there was a batch of fiesta with this particular known faulty pump

• 11 months later...

My Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost 2014 reg stopped dead in heavy traffic leaving me in a panic.Ford assist sent the AA recovery and he said it was the fuel pump.Towed to main dealer where a new pump was fitted under warranty.On collection of my car I was told Ford know about this problem and instruct the dealer to fit a new sender as well.I feel that ford should recall all fiestas that have this problem as it could be very dangerous if it fails on the motorway.Thoughts please !!!

• 2 years later...

The fuel pump on my 2014 ecoboost 1 litre ford fiesta failed after only 18000 miles surely it should be covered under not fit for purpose, why hasn't Ford issued a recall it could lead to a death if it happens on a motorway.