Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Security Filler

TurboZutek

See, I can understand your first 2 points to a degree although one can gain 2 mpg by changing the style of driving, ensuring your tyres are the correct pressure, don't use a/c, don't drive with windows open and so on. I mean, if it does improve an extra 2 mpg over say a year and 8000 miles it's gonna save you about 70p a week, minus what it costs for the additives you put in. Honest, it aint worth it.

Well what I'm more interested in is can a MODERN engine do any better? The German report claims 4-7% better economy is possible... That's an interesting claim!

Also, I can do 8000 miles in less than three months, never mind a year!

How will lower emissions benefit you. The taxman ain't gonna come knocking on your door and hand you £20 back for lowering the emissions. The planet aint gonna change in any shape or form no matter what you, I or the millions of other motorists do. You'll sail through the MOT no matter what, so what's the benefit or more to the point, what's the point.

Well in the Rover it helped me a lot, as it almost totally stopped the small plume of black smoke I'd get when applying sharp throttle changes (booting it) - and if you've ever had to scrub the rear bumper on a car that does that every so often, you'll appreciate that's a bit of work saved. :D It also (more importantly) would keep the EGR valve, plenum and intake a LOT cleaner than without; which saves a lot of agro as you'll know if you've ever had to fix that problem!

In MY Fiesta I'd say the emissions isn't such a big deal. But ask anyone who's ever had the hassle and expense of replacing a DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) and they will probably tell you a different story. The 1.4 New Fiesta doesn't have one, but the 1.6 Econetic does, as well as the Focus and Mondeo. Could less soot mean longer lasting filters with less need to regenerate? Another good question.

Now, if you said "peace of mind" 5 posts ago, I'd have accepted that and you wouldn't have found out I can be an argumentative so and so. :lol:

The actual real reason behind me doing this isn't monetary or environmental really - it's simple curiosity. I want to test the claims of the reports! In previous cars I've had I'd say there was sufficient evidence to say it made a good difference and was worth doing. If I get the smoothness and quietness gains I got in the Rover? It's well worth doing IMHO.

How's it going to go in a modern car (and specifically THIS modern car)? It's all very well debating the theory, but I've decided to put my money where my mouth is and actually test it.

Gotta keep an open mind either way, I think.

Chris...

Im sure in the small print of the warranty there is a warning that adding fuel aditives can invalidate any claims.

Dave

You should have just bought a petrol car. :D

With the mileage I do, it's not very economical; even with the higher cost of Diesel. Besides which, I like my torque low down - the need to rev a Petrol engine and stir the gearbox to get any power just annoys me. With the amount of motorway miles I have to do, slowing down up hills and merge ramps in Fifth and having to drop a gear to overtake is just a pain in the !Removed!. The Diesel does neither due to its torque curve; it's nicer to drive in the area of 50-70Mph, in my opinion.

Personal preference I guess.

Having said THAT, I notice that the 1.4 TDCi has pretty much nothing until 2k RPM, where all of a sudden the Turbo decides to sing. I wonder if a remap would help that out a little?

The remap gain on the older Fiesta was pretty good IIRC, 20 extra ponies and 40nm extra torque with no modification to the Air Filter or Exhaust. Another reason I don't want a petrol engine! <_<

Im sure in the small print of the warranty there is a warning that adding fuel aditives can invalidate any claims.

Had a look, couldn't see anything like that; since I don't own this car? Don't really care. :lol:

Chris...

If you don't care - then why are you SO bothered about adding fuel additives. I would be concerned if it wasn't actually your car that you shouldn't really be putting additives in - or maybe I'm missing the point.

To be honest, if these fuel additives were SO amazing, they would be readily available in the diesel at the pumps, proving to me, the diesel at the pumps is adequate.

But I bought a petrol as it was cheaper :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club