Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Titanium Owners...

DanGull

I know I'm new here but I'm wondering if I could ask something of the Titanium owners.

I've just been looking over the poll (yes, I know I contributed to it! :lol:) that compares the Zetec S and the Titanium, and I am amazed by the overwhelming thinking that the Titanium is the better car - I'm considering heading to the dealer and and trying to change my recent order.

Thinking about it - leather trim would be nice, and if I was going to have the 17inchers then I'd have to get leather. I'd also like the ATC air con, folding mirrors and cruise control.

Trawling the net and looking at photos, I can't see the difference between the spec'd up Titanium and the Zetec S - I understand it's only a cm lower with a slightly firmer ride and some sports seats. Reading what the motoring press have to say about the cars, it seems that the handling difference is small and the Titanium handles just as well as the Zetec S.

So my favour - a big reason I went for the Zetec S is the ambient lighting. Coloured light causes my other half to have seizures similar to those lived with by those with epilepsy. I'm now told that you can turn it off - my salesperson never said this!!

My question is - if you deactivate the ambient lighting, does it stay off permanently or does it reset itself every time you turn the ignition? If it stays off, I'm heading down to the dealer tomorrow!

Thanks all - I'll stop jabbering now!

I know I'm new here but I'm wondering if I could ask something of the Titanium owners.

I've just been looking over the poll (yes, I know I contributed to it! :lol:) that compares the Zetec S and the Titanium, and I am amazed by the overwhelming thinking that the Titanium is the better car - I'm considering heading to the dealer and and trying to change my recent order.

Thinking about it - leather trim would be nice, and if I was going to have the 17inchers then I'd have to get leather. I'd also like the ATC air con, folding mirrors and cruise control.

Trawling the net and looking at photos, I can't see the difference between the spec'd up Titanium and the Zetec S - I understand it's only a cm lower with a slightly firmer ride and some sports seats. Reading what the motoring press have to say about the cars, it seems that the handling difference is small and the Titanium handles just as well as the Zetec S.

So my favour - a big reason I went for the Zetec S is the ambient lighting. Coloured light causes my other half to have seizures similar to those lived with by those with epilepsy. I'm now told that you can turn it off - my salesperson never said this!!

My question is - if you deactivate the ambient lighting, does it stay off permanently or does it reset itself every time you turn the ignition? If it stays off, I'm heading down to the dealer tomorrow!

Thanks all - I'll stop jabbering now!

Welcome to the forum.

I've had my Titanium for 5 days now and have barely noticed the ambient lighting. The drivers footwell is slightly light in white light adn there is a soft red strip of light above the glove box but that seems to be it..... I'll just pop outside and check (now it's dark).... hold on a mo.......

right, back again.... white light in both footwells that goes out when the engine starts and the red strip above glove box which stays on.... that's all. It doesn't flash or anything. All in all a bit of hype by Ford methinks. I can't see any options to switch it off though... anyone else know how?

regards

Andy

I only have the Zetec but it has the ambient lighting, it is barely noticeable and yes it can be turned off - I haven't tried it but I assume it stays off as it's an option you select on the computer thingumy bob. Nothing else I have used on that resets so I wouldn't imagine the ambient lighting would reset.

The ambient lighting can be turned off throught the menu so that should not be an issue to you.

The zetec-S being lower isn't a huge issue.

Main thing I notice is the front grill (irrelevant if you have full body kit) chrome cheat line, chrome spots and the silver round the speedo etc is the main difference between zetec-s and titanium.

I'd take titanium, but its personal.

Hi Andy - thanks for that. T and I have been in the car with the lighting on - it's too much for her even in the daylight, so we need it off or not in the car at all. She's incredibly sensitive, for example she can't sit in the back of the car with the privacy glass as the difference between the light in the front of the car and dark in the back gave a her a major headache.

I know there's an option on the dash screen to turn it off, but I didn't check if it turns back on again when you next start the car. If you or someone else could check I'd be really grateful.

Hi Andy - thanks for that. T and I have been in the car with the lighting on - it's too much for her even in the daylight, so we need it off or not in the car at all. She's incredibly sensitive, for example she can't sit in the back of the car with the privacy glass as the difference between the light in the front of the car and dark in the back gave a her a major headache.

I know there's an option on the dash screen to turn it off, but I didn't check if it turns back on again when you next start the car. If you or someone else could check I'd be really grateful.

In my Zetec if I switch it OFF it stays OFF forever unless I go back in and turn it on.

Perfect, thanks sussex and everyone else - now I just have to persuade my dealer to change my order!

Is simply removing the bulbs an option?

No need, you can turn it off as mentioned above.

Ok, thanks again to all for the input. I've been to see the dealer this morning and have effectively put my car on hold - the fella I dealt with isn't in until Saturday and nobody else would talk to me about the change. They did however say it's possible, so bring on Saturday.

The Titanium also has privacy glass in the back - and the contrast change from front to back is VERY pronounced. Hopefully that won't kick off migranes for the Mrs (if she sits in the back) ?

Chris...

Thanks turbo, good thought - I can count on one hand the number of times she's ridden in the back of the car since we've been together. She said it was ok to go for the privacy glass with the Zetec S, so she's fine with having it and will make sure she's front seat passenger only.

Thanks turbo, good thought - I can count on one hand the number of times she's ridden in the back of the car since we've been together. She said it was ok to go for the privacy glass with the Zetec S, so she's fine with having it and will make sure she's front seat passenger only.

I would imagine she had her eyes shut on those occasions anyway. ;)

I have to say the welcome light, the light that goes on when you get in the car, turn off the engine or open the doors is really bright. The ambient lighting is hardly noticable in fact I want more! I have the 3 door version and there are no lights in the back.

Just perfect for secret rendezvous :ph34r:

Just perfect for secret rendezvous :ph34r:

Oh yeah? Something you want to share with is jma? B)

Dogging? :ph34r:

KEITH!!!!!!! :o

Oh dear - what have I started??

At least dogging's one thing I know T won't be up to - flashing headlights, unconcious - oh the feeling of security that gives to a fella...

:blink:

KEITH!!!!!!! :o

I had thought of this from the start! Just didnt wana say it, but now its been said i agree lol

You boys are just shocking :P