Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Well As My User Name Suggests ...disappointed

fedup

Hi - Apologies that my first post is a negative one

Recently changed from my wonderful Swift Suzuki Sport , (2 years no problems , fun drive) to Fiesta Z Ecoboost- bought new less than 2 weeks ago.

So after less than 190 miles fuel pump problem ( according to AA ) and the garage are not looking at it until end next week.

Am I naïve in expecting that Ford would call and apologise etc and offer some compensation for the stress and distress ?

After searching on here I can see that others have had similar problem - did they get any compensation or courtesy calls even ?

Any advice welcomed.

What happened to the car, did you see it coming or did it just stop dead one day ?

Just got mine back yesterday. It's becoming a very common problem. I wonder if it's just a bad batch of fuel pumps or ford have changed them maybe to cut costs?

Your best bet is to contact ford customer relations. I was getting a call from them and the dealer every other day to keep me updated and today they have called to discuss compensation in the form of free servicing

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Ford OC mobile app

And damian, nothing you can do I'm afraid it just cuts out whilst driving, you could be anywhere and it doesn't restart

From what ive heard its ford cutting corners and the pumps aint really good enough and some have had signs of burning out and overs have just given up as they carnt handle the demand its ford trying to save money and now everyone is paying the price for it but you will and should have it fixed under warranty and a curtsey car as standard really from ford at their cost!! So id complain if you dont have a car to use

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Matt I got mine back today . Dealer looked at me I had heads when I said I had loss wages from Saturday .and to top it off my car has four scratches on it . I'm so fed up. No phone calls or a sorry x

They must be really poor quality pumps to fail after only a couple of hundred miles

That's bad Theresa. To be honest I don't think it's the dealers who would arrange any sort of compensation, you need to go to ford directly.

Let's hope ours have been fixed with a new and improved fuel pump else it'll be going again soon

One of my school m8s works at bussies in norwich a ford dealer and repair centre and he has publicly warned anyone on fb that the fuel pumps are shocking and to wait a while until they fix it, i spoke to him a couple of days ago and mentioned it and they have 9 waiting for new pumps in just one dealer so its a huge problem effected nearly every car they have sold so far since march time he seems to think that ford carnt go on much longer and as its a huge problem and their fault he thinks they will recall a lot of cars built with all these pumps like Toyota did a couple of years ago with their brake and steering issues

I have to say my drive home did not feel good .

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Fantastic, it sounds like it's only a matter of time before I'm sat on the side of the road with a dead ZS on my hands

If there is a problem with the pumps at which point did Ford realise and change supply /batch. My Ecoboost 100 Titanium was built on 28 April, and I take delivery next Thursday. Would I be able to reject the vehicle using this as a reason and reorder ?

While I don't own a Fiesta it's unbelievable that I'm reading this...

Is it the high pressure pump on the engine that's affected?

I cannot believe that a company would cut costs by installing inferior parts in to cars, but hey I suppose it's to keep the shareholders and bean counters happy. Makes me sick to even consider the thought of someone at Ford telling them to use crappy parts, when the cost of repairing each car with pump problems will most likely outweigh the cost of fitting a part that's fit for purpose in the first place!

I remember the Merc dealer I used to work for when the 651 engines suffered from failing injectors after as little as 2,000 miles, but I believe that was due to a bad batch of injectors made by Delphi.

Ford is a company whos primary goal is to make money/ profit - building cars is just a by-product -

Damian, if you have made it passed the 2 week 200 mile mark you may be OK!

Having a bmax for 3 weeks has made me appreciate the handling of the fiesta even more

Are these fuel pumps failing on later cars , and on zs only ? What models are affected does anyone know?

Are these fuel pumps failing on later cars , and on zs only ? What models are affected does anyone know?

From what ive seen and heard only zs so far as they are the most common ones ordered and made i believe

Alan I don't know if it is a fiesta only issue. Would the same fuel pumps be used in focus and other fords?

From the examples I've seen it is affecting trims from zetec s down with the ecoboost engine, built from March 2014

I have emailed my dealer & I'll see what they have to say about the whole situation

I wouldnt mind betting it would be another alloy wheel problem, if anyone remembers all the buckling cracking and all sorts correct me if im wrong but i dont think they did anything about that but change the material on the newer ones so it stopped it but countless amounts of people had this issue and where out of pocket but the main thing is its happening to all new cars and all are well within warranty and im sure no one would ever modify the fuel line at all, so its still covered and they will have to pay no matter if they just replace it for the same one if it breaks again you wont and shouldn't have any costs forwarded to you but i know its going to be a huge in-confidence and shocking that your new car you have paid quite a bit of money for has broken under a couple of hundred miles id be doing my nut in if it was me but hang in their guys im sure your cars will be back to you soon!! And any damage they have caused on your cars in unacceptable and id be reporting them straight away to a higher manager, or something and they should cover all cost of repairs for the damage too!!

Thanks for the replies. Fingers crossed Matt and Theresa that your new pumps hold up. Shocking Theresa that your car has been scratched. Damien - if I knew then what I know now I definitely would be delaying or even re-thinking my choice.

I too had no warning at all , the car just stopped. The AA guy said the fuse had blown but replacing it did not solve the problem and that it needed a whole pump change. I know that all costs are covered etc, have received a courtesy car ( but actually I am concerned same will happen in this temp replacement altho' hopefully not- it has passed the 1000 mile mark!)

But ... it has really put me off the car, stressed due to the breakdown in a dangerous position, loss of time from work and cheesed off that Ford have not contacted me to apologise. I will contact public relations at main office - good suggestion

• Like 1

Hope you get it sorted out, can't say i have heard of any problems like that this side of the pond, I do have one problem on my 2011 model with only 30k km on the clock the rubber seal on the passenger side door have started to come loose, very strange sins I drive mostly alone and that door is almost never used

I hope these all get fixed for you soon guys. Remember if the dealer isn't helpful, you have a contract with them so they have to help you out, but you can go to any Ford dealer. And they should definitely give you a courtesy car until your car is fixed, don't take no for an answer.

Is it just the 1.0L Ecoboost that's affected, or could the ST be affected too?

That fuel pump is probably used in a lot of cars, it's probably more directed at the Zs due to popularity and a lot of forum members have them. Strange problem though, aren't some of them built in Romania as well as Germany? I saw on the reliable Wikipedia they have two plants for ecoboost engines.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Thought so,

2nd paragraph of the 1.0 section, Seems they aren't all German, maybe the problems are down to where they were built.

Lol they have recalled Escapes with the ST engine after they caught fire in the US, EPIC!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_EcoBoost_engine

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club