Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Removing Interior Trim

tractorboi711

I want to get at the rear speaker cables so I can splice them to an RCA converter, but not sure how to remove this panel and I don't want to break it off ! post-53964-140009280254_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Start by disconnecting the battery, that cream portion at the top houses the airbag, so you dont want to be faffing with power on and deploy it.

Leave the battery disconnected for 15 - 30 minutes and then:

1) remove the door seal (just pull the rubber seal away from the frame) do this top and bottom

2) put your fingers in the gap alongside the bottom of the plastic panel and just pull. These are based on metal clips that will pull out with persuasion

3) Work as close to the bottom of the panel as you can, even though the battery is disconnected, you dont want to disturb the airbag any more than is necessary as you could end up with it reporting errors.

When finished, tuck all new wires away from the clips. realign the panel and clips and push firmly, using the base of your fist you can tap it back in. Re-seat the door seal and push back in place.

Thanks a lot ! I've heard that the quality from RCA converters on the stock head unit is pretty shocking. Would I be better of just changing the hu out than splicing all the cables up ?

To be honest you probably would get a better result.

I'm thinking of doing this as want to install an underseat subwoofer & need feed of rear Speakers to control volume.

Yunii

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Installed an alpine amp fed of an RCA converter that was wired to the rear Speakers today and I am actually very surprised! The bass does not distort at all on the stock 4500 head unit.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club