Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Passed My Test

pandyballs

Hey OP,

Just for the record I only passed my test in january and drove a new ZS 1.6TDCI for 3 months then got my ST. It's a lot more fun and there's definately a difference in power and a bigger jump there than from the 1.0litre ecoboost though torque might narrow the gap a little. That being said I'm 28 and I drove my wife's car (with her in it) for about a year before passing my test and had a 125cc motorbike for 2 years so was used to riding on my own. Don't fear it though, no point having a car like that and worrying you're going to crash when you get over 30mph. However, I think the most important thing to remember is that you aren't as good a driver as this car will make you think you are. The car is wired to the brim with gadgets to help you drive, you'll notice that if you turn off the ESP (not reccomended). But don't let that build your confidence to crazy levels. Just take it easy for a while and give it a few blips when everything is safe. Soon enough you'll feel totally relaxed in it and be able to make the most of it!

Congratulations man, the ST is a fantastic piece of kit and you've made a great decision getting one!

Enjoy!

Jonny

Hey OP,

Just for the record I only passed my test in january and drove a new ZS 1.6TDCI for 3 months then got my ST. It's a lot more fun and there's definately a difference in power and a bigger jump there than from the 1.0litre ecoboost though torque might narrow the gap a little. That being said I'm 28 and I drove my wife's car (with her in it) for about a year before passing my test and had a 125cc motorbike for 2 years so was used to riding on my own. Don't fear it though, no point having a car like that and worrying you're going to crash when you get over 30mph. However, I think the most important thing to remember is that you aren't as good a driver as this car will make you think you are. The car is wired to the brim with gadgets to help you drive, you'll notice that if you turn off the ESP (not reccomended). But don't let that build your confidence to crazy levels. Just take it easy for a while and give it a few blips when everything is safe. Soon enough you'll feel totally relaxed in it and be able to make the most of it!

Congratulations man, the ST is a fantastic piece of kit and you've made a great decision getting one!

Enjoy!

Jonny

Yeah I plan on finding pretty wide bendy roads and pushing it just a little bit when nobody is around then maybe go on the motorway at night and see what it's like at pretty high speeds so I know what to expect. To be honest, I don't really care about speeds above 90mph I just look forward to bendy country roads when it's dry!

Spirit Blue ST-2

Give a track day a go. £50 for the day £100 for insurance. Bonus you get is you'll have mint tyres and brakes. Great way to learn how fast you can push it round a bend and how you soon you can stop without worrying for 2 foreign drivers to clatter in to the back of you 2 weeks into ownership.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

New driver + track day + car = Nae Tyres! Haha

Plenty of burnouts lol Jeremy Clarkson style!

Marc

Sent from my LG-D802 using Ford OC mobile app

Sounds like you've struck gold on the ST there fella! I'm 24, been driving since I was 17 and I'm fortunate to get to drive some pretty tasty cars in my job, but even I was blown away by the ST's performance on a country back road. I definitely recommend you try some enhanced driver training, maybe a skid-pan or something like that. That feeling of acceleration and adrenaline is addictive, so at least you'd be prepared.

Above all, enjoy it! :)

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I plan on finding pretty wide bendy roads and pushing it just a little bit when nobody is around then maybe go on the motorway at night and see what it's like at pretty high speeds so I know what to expect. To be honest, I don't really care about speeds above 90mph I just look forward to bendy country roads when it's dry!

Spirit Blue ST-2

Just a quick question how old are you? I'm 17 and looking at the new fez titanium ecoboost 100hp and just stunned with your st offer

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Just a quick question how old are you? I'm 17 and looking at the new fez titanium ecoboost 100hp and just stunned with your st offer

I'm 19! My ST is working out pretty cheap for me overall, newest quote was £1183 for the year

Spirit Blue ST-2

That's why it's so cheap then it's because of your age il just have to wait and build up the claims I was offered £2505.12 on a 14 reg DIB fiesta titanium zetec s look alike with all the bells and whistles including the city pack and sat nav so I think il do it in total it will be just short of £15000

That's why it's so cheap then it's because of your age il just have to wait and build up the claims I was offered £2505.12 on a 14 reg DIB fiesta titanium zetec s look alike with all the bells and whistles including the city pack and sat nav so I think il do it in total it will be just short of £15000

I'm just really lucky tbh, I can't find insurance for any less than £7800 from any other company, I think diamond/elephant/admiral work the price out simpler than anyone else. They look at how many people my age have crashed that car, so I'm lucky enough that there isn't too many 19 year olds with brand new fiesta STs so mine works out cheap.

Try elephant out. Put yourself as the main driver and all your policy the add anyone else on you want on as additional drivers

Spirit Blue ST-2

I'm just really lucky tbh, I can't find insurance for any less than £7800 from any other company, I think diamond/elephant/admiral work the price out simpler than anyone else. They look at how many people my age have crashed that car, so I'm lucky enough that there isn't too many 19 year olds with brand new fiesta STs so mine works out cheap.

Try elephant out. Put yourself as the main driver and all your policy the add anyone else on you want on as additional drivers

Spirit Blue ST-2

Will have a dabble when the website is up and running again

Pandy you got the car yet?

The thing I would be worried about is next year's renewal! If there's only the one company that you can use this year and they don't offer the same amazing price next time you may be stuck with a huge premium, minus the discount for 1 years experience of course!

The thing I would be worried about is next year's renewal! If there's only the one company that you can use this year and they don't offer the same amazing price next time you may be stuck with a huge premium, minus the discount for 1 years experience of course!

Yeah that is a massive risk, next year it's £662 for me from them but it'll be a fortune from others, I hope they don't realise their mistake

Spirit Blue ST-2

Pandy you got the car yet?

Nope! :( delivery is last week in June/first week in July! The wait is killing me! I'll forget how to drive by the time it comes!

Spirit Blue ST-2

Long wait dude. Get a £50 skoda for a month. Good practice.

Can I ask what area you live in? my insurance for when I passed last year was £1,800 a year on a 52plate megane! But now iv been driving a year a fiesta Zetec is about £558 a year, much nicer, also lucky you I'm paying £191 a month for a fiesta Zetec for 3 years, so good for you paying £200 a month on an ST,

Well done for passing your test,

Congrats on passing

Can I ask what area you live in? my insurance for when I passed last year was £1,800 a year on a 52plate megane! But now iv been driving a year a fiesta Zetec is about £558 a year, much nicer, also lucky you I'm paying £191 a month for a fiesta Zetec for 3 years, so good for you paying £200 a month on an ST,

Well done for passing your test,

I'm up in glasgow, so no idea why insurance is cheap!

Spirit Blue ST-2

Listen to Matt and get a cheap little run around just to ease your way back into driving.

Or take the Skill for Life IAM membership at £139 and pass the advanced driving test - the statistics speak for themselves.

If not - go easy!

• Like 1

Listen to Matt and get a cheap little run around just to ease your way back into driving.

Or take the Skill for Life IAM membership at £139 and pass the advanced driving test - the statistics speak for themselves.

I tried to get insured on my mums clio for a month but that's costing more than the ST! The IAM thing isn't worth it to me, too much money just to show you how to use common sense.

If not - go easy!

Spirit Blue ST-2

• 5 weeks later...

Have you got your st yet?

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

When the ST first came out I was quoted £1400 for fully comp on my own policy, at 18. It was an amazing offer but I didn't want to commit to the monthly repayments because they were a lot more pcm for the ST than the ZS I have at the moment. Best time to get good performance cars are when they first come out, nobody would've had claims in them therefore they only have your age and area etc as stats, but they can't even take into consideration your age because there is nobody out there with a claim in your category.

I'm sorry but my humble little 1.4 fiesta (1st car) will hit a ton with some revs, and my insurance was 1800 first year so I would have thought your policy might be one where you will be paying most of the money out if you do shunt it, and also a big warning is don't go caning it get caught speeding twice in 3 years and it will be a very expensive blue driveway ornament.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Ford OC mobile app

Hi everyone, I've been lurking on here for a while and have finally passed my test yesterday and today I ordered a Spirit Blue ST-2 and was just posting to say hi and stuff, how long do they usually take from being ordered to being built and delivered? Also, in regards to running in, what's the story with that? I know there's a lot of different opinions but is there any official word from ford? Thanks a lot, I hope to be on here a fair bit in the future

Spirit Blue ST-2

Have you got it yet mate?

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club