Do Not Sell My Personal Information

timing belt intervals

laba

hi all, newbie here just got myself a 05 reg new shape 1.6 zetec climate, however i am trying to find out the timing belt change intervals, or if it is a timing chain, any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

post-6452-1243530916_thumb.png

hi all, newbie here just got myself a 05 reg new shape 1.6 zetec climate, however i am trying to find out the timing belt change intervals, or if it is a timing chain, any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Alright mate !!!!

Timing belt needs changed at 100,000 miles , i know this is a lot of miles but with advances of engines and belt material , this is what ford suggests !!!

Im going to do mine at 75k just to save any heart ache !

Hope this helps and if anyone else has any input feel free !

Alright mate !!!!

Timing belt needs changed at 100,000 miles , i know this is a lot of miles but with advances of engines and belt material , this is what ford suggests !!!

Does that apply to the 1.8 tdci too? Just bought a 53 plate with 47k and I'm pretty sure it's not been changed yet.

ive read on other topics on other forums on the net that even with diesel motors that the intervals are the same, i have th esame engine as yours. 1.8tdci, and i will be going tomy local ford garage to check this out just to make sure

my belts has started making its slipping noise. only happens on startup from cold so im not going to be taking any chances

Alright mate !!!!

Although it says 100,000 miles, for peace of mind, I would do it no later then 80,000 miles.

Better safe then sorry!

Hi I have an 03 tdci cambelt was changed at 94,000 with no probs according to service history now it has 117,000 and had to have it done again already as person before didnt change the cambelt tensioner when belt was changed and it was on its way out (ticking noise) so had it all re-done.So moral is dont be tight and get the tensioner done too or you will be doing it again sooner rather than later.

• 1 month later...

Hi All

Just bought a 1.6 LX TDCI 55 plate and waiting for the paperwork to come through, does the 100 000 miles apply to the 1.6 as well? and can anyone please tell me the approx cost of getting the belt changed.

cheers

John.

Hi All

Just bought a 1.6 LX TDCI 55 plate and waiting for the paperwork to come through, does the 100 000 miles apply to the 1.6 as well? and can anyone please tell me the approx cost of getting the belt changed.

cheers

John.

From autodata - for the 1.6TDCI...

Ford recommend:-

07/05 onwards - replacement every 150k or 10yrs

08/05 onwards - replacement every 125k or 10yrs

these are ridiculous figures for a timing belt in my opinion, i would go for half of their recommendations

From autodata - for the 1.6TDCI...

Ford recommend:-

07/05 onwards - replacement every 150k or 10yrs

08/05 onwards - replacement every 125k or 10yrs

these are ridiculous figures for a timing belt in my opinion, i would go for half of their recommendations

Thanks for that, I think your right and will do as you say change it at half of what they say.

cheers

John.

Thanks for that, I think your right and will do as you say change it at half of what they say.

cheers

John.

Unfortunately the diesel particulate filter (if fitted) is due at 75k , which is a very expensive op.

I know it's a lot older than the ones you're talking about, but my 2001 1.6 said to replace at 40,000, which does sound very low, but I got to 80,000 before I got around to changing it, without any problems at all.

So if it's fine with double recommended on an old car, the recommended for newer models may well be fine.

(but no, I'm not recommending leaving to double, I was probably lucky!)

Replacement cost £200, at Ford, which bizarrely seemed to be cheaper than some other locals.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club