Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Breakdown

potter18

So my 10l ecoboost broke down again tonight it started on Thursday when the missus tried to start it it came up with immobiliser malfunction and then steering malfunction , when I went to it after work it started first time , so she used today( fri) and it's been ok . Went out in it tonight an came to re start it and same fault appeared so aa came to it and basically disconnected the battery for 10 min and it started , I'd already booked it in at the garage but its going to be wed before they can look at it anyone else had this fault ? Gonna use it tomorrow but the aa guy said if it happens again they'll just tow it to the garage and organise a hire car (or I could try disconnecting the battery again) we'll see tomorrow 9

Same problem happened to my mk6.5, mind you only after I'd been sat in the car engine off with ignition still on for about 20 minutes..

The dash flashed up with power assist failure, high engine temp and engine management failure.. Quite frustrating when you're in the middle of nowhere. If it does it again, try making sure all windows are closed, get out the car - lock/unlock, turn the key to pos 2 then try and start - worked a treat for me!

Hope you get it sorted. And please let me know what the issue is as ford didn't know what was up with mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Wil do , gonna use it today will try your suggestion if it happens again

My 2012 (62) diesel breaks down every 7 weeks! Had the AA out twice and they say something is draining the battery. Had new altinator and battery sensor. Just happened again so I took the key to my Ford dealer and made them pick it up. They have no idea why. They have given me a "complimentary" battery (not covered under warranty apparently) and we just have to wait and see if she conks out again at the end of June!

Mines in the garage as it completely failed today(sat) so I've got a titanium diesel to run around in for a few days

Have a look at the boot switch. I had it randomly open twice on me while driving (stopped at traffic lights) thought nothing of it. went away for a few days came back dead battery. thought the battery was end of life so got a new one and a few weeks later that also went dead. replace the rear boot handle and it has been fine for 5 months now :D part was about £25 and took 30 min to fit

Fixed under warranty apparently it was a relay in/near fusebox

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club