Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto Wipers/headlamps

bubbleman

Has anyone had problems with the rain sensor on the 2013 Fiesta 1.5diesel.

Mine has packed up.

dealer told me they cannot repair until Ford finish developing a new replacement.

I find this difficult to believe has anyone got any ideas or info.

Thanks

What that raises with me is: what have they been fitting since 2013 then? If they're "developing a replacement" are they admitting to fitting potentially faulty units for the last 8 months or so? And knowingly continuing to do do?

A Google search does throw up similar things over the last couple of years. Like this one: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/49202-auto-lightsrain-sensor-intermittent-fault/ - no replies though unfortunately

Really dumb question since you've been to the garage with it, but your sensor isn't dirty is it? Bit like "have you tried turning it off then on again" with a computer, it's always worth asking the easy question first :)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Can you turn them off at all? Some cars with auto lights can be switched off by flicking the lights on and off manually in quick succession. Same process for turning them on again.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

no problem turning wipers and lights off and on manually.

just do not work via the rain and light sensor. …

I think the dealer is trying to fob you off, they probably just can't be bothered to look into it. I'd try another dealer. If Ford are telling dealers not to use the current system to replace faulty ones, 1) Why are cars still being sold with it and 2) Why aren't all cars fitted with it being recalled, as if the wipers are dangerous haha.

An important safety feature that isn't fit for purpose and isn't repaired within a reasonable time frame, scream refund at them.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

• 1 month later...

Further to my first post i rang Ford customer services who told me that they are releasing a new software update on May27 2014 to cure the problems with rain sensors.

Mine goes into the dealer next Tues keeping fingers crossed