Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Abs/esp System Help Please '10 Mk 2.5 Focus

brokentechie

Hi all,

having a bit of an issue with my partners car and it's giving me the serious hump!

Car reports 2 error message from BCM - U2023 and C1145, however they are intermittent :( I have checked the sensor for a known good one, and it clears, then stop the car thinking it's fixed and then randomly ESP and ABS lights come on, go off, come on again, go off with no rhyme or reason to it.

I have used FORscan and tried the error troubleshoots and I'm not getting 12V on the FR sensor connection - if I put the +ve lead across a multimeter to ground (on the chassis) I have 12v so it leads me to believe I have power to the connector, just not back to the ABS module - I have done continuity checks on both wires from the module connector to the wheel sensor connector and it's all good, so I just can't work out where the fault is - My assumption it that the gnd for the sensor is not making good contact at the module as i get continuity through the sensor and wiring.

So does anyone know how I can solve this/test the ABS module? as soon as I remove the module connector I lose power to it - I want to test across the pins of the FR circuit to make sure the module is sound so other than gash some power to it (I don't want to fry it) I need some ideas.

because of the intermittent nature of the fault I want to believe the module is not knackered (ouch on the wallet) so would appreciate anything I have missed.

Also can anyone tell me how I can remove the pins from the multiplugs so I can at least have a go at replacing/ensuring there's a good connection all the way thru - there seems to be an intermittent short circuit/open circuit but I'm stumped as the continuity checks out.

Many thanks

BT

I had a very similar issue with my CMAX, ABS light kept popping up, then would go away, seemingly no cause or issue.

I suspect the issue is with the loom. The wire is probably duff and the short loom will likely need replacing. I had Ford replace the short loom for £45.

Thanks, that's encouraging that the ABS module is not borked!

I'll see if I can order a new one tomorrow and then Google furiously as to how to remove the cables from the main connector

Its a pain in the !Removed! by all accounts I found, but perhaps that is CMAX specific.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club