Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Zetec Auto 2.0L

mattlostatsea

Hi all.

Im a simple man. Ive always owned fords but i have a problem....this is pulling my hair out in a big big way. Please help..

I have a 52 plate focus zetec auto. Its a 2.0 with 72500 on the clock.

I have had the car for 2 years. It has alwys had an oil leak.....a big one. But it i cant find it. And its pulling my hair out.

I have changed the valve cover gasket....twice and changed the sump gasket. But after a run, smoke comes from the bottom of the exhaust. I cant find where it comes from, it doesnt do it when its parked up, the bottom of the exhaust, not the down pipe but the part that runs way from the down pie towards then back of the car is covred in oil, if stationary it will start to smoke from there as the oil is burning off. I cant find where its coming ftom as it doesnt seem to drip in my face as im looking at. It.

I am having a mare, anything to look out for.

Please please help.

Matt

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the family, I presume your purple locks are now in a pile on the floor!

oil leaks can be dubious so and so's to track. I would start by giving the engine a steam clean / hose down so that you can remove most of the oil that is sitting there. This will help you to identify where the leak is coming from.

It could be that the oil leak is coming from the transmission and not the engine, the auto's used in ford are claimed to be sealed units and dont have service intervals, but to my knowledge they do need an oil and filter change as the engine does, and it should be a frequent occurance.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club