1. 1. Which of these would you go for?

• Silver
    • Black
    • Grey
    • White
    • Blue
    • Red
    • Other

I was more into Adam and the Ants . . . .

All the fiestas are out in force today. Have seen 2 styles in that faded blue colour. One of them had no hubcaps! I just couldnt believe it! :lol: Today I saw a white zetec, a magenta one, black as usual :P But yes, they were very common today.

All the fiestas are out in force today. Have seen 2 styles in that faded blue colour. One of them had no hubcaps! I just couldnt believe it! :lol: Today I saw a white zetec, a magenta one, black as usual :P But yes, they were very common today.

Popular Jan - Fiesta's aren't common ;)

Thank you for correcting me Bashful. Yes the correct word is popular ;) And boy is it! :lol:

I think I would go for the Black. Just love Black cars :) if not I'd go for that lovely purple/red colour

• 3 weeks later...
I think I would go for the Black. Just love Black cars :) if not I'd go for that lovely purple/red colour

Have to say that the purple/red (Hot Magenta) while looking good in the adverts always disappoints me when I see one on the road

I think it must be national resurrect old post/poll day :lol:

I notice black is in the lead after 84 votes - that's a bit of a turn around. Oh well - I went for white in the end, I'd forgotten it was me who'd started this poll.

well you never segregated out Hot Magenta or Squeeze Green so I guess I will never know how popular my colour is going to be . .

Good point Paul - it was a purely self indulgent pole and I'm afraid I never considered either. :huh:

Oh well, as only 12 people went for 'Other' and from comments on here where it appears that Hot Magenta is the more preferred colour I am clinging to the hope that Squeeze is always going to be a rarity - especially now that it is a £645 option

Oh well, as only 12 people went for 'Other' and from comments on here where it appears that Hot Magenta is the more preferred colour I am clinging to the hope that Squeeze is always going to be a rarity - especially now that it is a £645 option

Though we are Frozen White, I have to say that every time I see a Fiesta in Squeeze, whatever the variant or number of doors, I'm always struck by how lovely it looks. I think it's an excellent colour, just right (it looks a lot nicer I think than the acidic Spirit Green on the Mazda 2, for example). I'm not normally a fan of green but it's just really appealing. Conversely, Hot Magenta (when I see it) never looks quite as bright as I expected it to, even in sunlight.

Then there's the mystery of Colorado Red. I haven't seen more than two new Fiestas in it, but it's a long standing Ford colour. What I don't understand is why it can look different on each individual car I see it on! I've checked on ETIS and all of them have been Colorado Red, yet some look ever so slightly orange whereas others are a really red, red (so to speak). The two Mark 7's were in the latter category (which I prefer). Maybe it fades a little, or hopefully just looks different when it needs a wash. It's sort of like the difference between Vauxhall's Flame Red (orangey, just slightly) and Power Red (red-red). But have you seen what happens to Vauxhall Flame Red over the years? So many of them have matte pink areas (and some aren't even that old!). They sort of look as though they've oxidised in some way. At least that doesn't seem to happen to Ford's Colorado Red!

Though we are Frozen White, I have to say that every time I see a Fiesta in Squeeze, whatever the variant or number of doors, I'm always struck by how lovely it looks. I think it's an excellent colour, just right (it looks a lot nicer I think than the acidic Spirit Green on the Mazda 2, for example). I'm not normally a fan of green but it's just really appealing.

I know I am baised but I so agree with you - I even keep going on Autotrader to look at pictures of genuine cars out and about, in all sorts of weather, and I just love the colour whereas some of the other colours need to be inside under artificial light (Hot Magenta) or only look their best in strong sunlight whereas Squeeze is always lively and lovely

Friendly dealer perhaps? Not sure why, the three solid colours are shown in the brochure as no extra cost - that's Colarado Red, Blazer Blue and Frozen White. Everything else (on Ford's configurator anyway...) adds £425.

Not quite

Both "Hot Magenta " and " Squeeze" cost an extra £645.00 as of 1st July 2009.

I think I would readily pay the extra £645 to have the Squeeze NOT supplied.

ramonford

Not quite

Both "Hot Magenta " and " Squeeze" cost an extra £645.00 as of 1st July 2009.

I think I would readily pay the extra £645 to have the Squeeze NOT supplied.

ramonford

Yeah but you clearly HATE your car so its hardly surprising that you would not pay for any extras as the only good thing about your car is the fact it is cheap

At the time of writing the FMC can not supply any form of touch up paint for either Hot Magenta or Squeeze.

I understand that there is something toxic/dangerous in the paint and some EU law preventing it being sold to the general public. However these paints are readily available from a number of ready mix suppliers. My dealer said that any chips/scratches can easily be repaired in the workshop where they can mix up a small quantity of paint - but not for you.

ramonford

Yeah but you clearly HATE your car so its hardly surprising that you would not pay for any extras as the only good thing about your car is the fact it is cheap

Not so.

I do in fact have Hot Magenta on my car.

Also I have quite a lot of extras over and above the standard Titanium spec.

However, I do agree with you, it was cheap considering the overall spec as I obtained a considerable discount from my local dealer.

ramonford

you would'nt happen to know a site i can get pictures of the standard zetec in frozen white? everywhere i look its the zetec s ?

cheers

http://www.ford.co.uk/Hidden/Configurator/ConfigureNewFiesta

If you down load and install the latest Java you can view the car in 3D and spin/turn it through 360 degrees

From this site select the Fiesta option and then configure the car in any colour you choose

ramonford

alternatively go onto www.autotrader.co.uk - and see if they have any on there for sale - they usually have plenty of variations for you to check out

Turbo kit? Sports exhaust? Sport suspension?

Love that Hot Magenta has become Ultra Violet. :lol:

How come the American's are going to get Orange Peel colour of paint when we can't have an orange on????

http://www.fordvehicles.com/2011fiesta/?section=chooseyours

When I looked at the US site a month or so ago, I decided to myself that their Orange Peel was our Tango. I still think that may well be the case. The US names are amusing slants on ours - isn't/wasn't "Orange Peel" a term for faultily-applied paint finish, with slight dimples?!

Also, I see Squeeze is Green Apple over there, which wouldn't have worked here since the (just slightly) less golden and vibrant metallic green the Mk6.5 had was called Apple...

I know my colour vision is not good but I would say that Sunburn is our Tango and that Orange Peel is a completly different colour to anything we get although I guess that could be a limitation of the colour reproduction.

And do you reckon that the 'Sedan' would sell well in the UK??

I know my colour vision is not good but I would say that Sunburn is our Tango and that Orange Peel is a completly different colour to anything we get although I guess that could be a limitation of the colour reproduction.

And do you reckon that the 'Sedan' would sell well in the UK??

Well, I could be completely wrong, but I feel that Orange Peel = Tango and Sunburn = Colorado Red. That's how it looks on both screens I've viewed it on.

Whilst I get a bit used to the sedan the more I look at it, I don't think it looks anywhere near as nice as the hatchback - I believe it isn't offered anywhere in Europe either (don't think Australia and NZ get it either). The Americans have always liked their sedans, haven't they?

3 months in......ma wee brief is seriously gettin the attention(mostly colour comments :D )

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club