Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Urgent Help Needed 1.6 2001 Focus Zetec

andrewhulbert

Hi Guys,

I'll try to explain my issues as clear as possible, but please excuse my lack of knowledge with this car.

My car has a problem that i think has culminated in it not passing the MOT.

When you first start the car in the morning, everything runs fine, the engine idles at 1200 rpm until warm (which doesn't take long) then goes down to idling at around 800-900 rpm.

when idling when warm the engine seems slightly rough.

now ,when i put the heaters on the idling becomes even worse, really shaky, the more laod you chuck at the engine the worse it becomes.

the engine also sounds quite noisy.

MOT stated the car was omitting excessive co2 and said that the Lamdba in the outlet manifold was prime suspect, is this the case? and does it sound like it could cause the other issues too?

Hi Andrew Clive. Not sure what advice you've had up to this point? But apparently the spark plugs can make quite a difference to the running on these, so when did you last have a service or change the plugs?? Also what did the MOT station advise? Change the Lambda? They aren't cheap (about £80 depending on make and where you go) but if that's all it failed on then that's not too bad to get an MOT, is it??

Hope this helps,

Chris.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club