Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

New Car Help

D13 HPD 95

right im now looking at company cars and can pick any i want but i have to pay for so heres some choices and people thoughts

fiesta st or st-2 i get paid an extra £6 a month to drive these, is there a blue fin map for them ? just for a little extra fun

any focus or modi

2lt A1 black edition i have to pay £22 extra a month

A3?? not aloud the new etron :/

any bmw's??

ds3??

st honda civic 1.8 i pay £40 extra

amg aclass 250 for an extra £200 a month

Peugot 508 hybrid for £80 a month extra

peugot rcz for £100 extra

renult clio 200 bhp sprt for £90 extra

seat lion dsg 2.0 tdi for £4 a MONTH

toyota auris i get paid £80 a month

gold dsg 2.0 tdi for £10 A MONTH

glod tsi 1.4 i get paid £20 a month

golf tsi gt for £135 extra

there is loads to pick from so what would people recommend id like to get a pretty cheap runner but still got speed in it, im not sure id like to stick to under an extra £50 a month but if i can get paid for driving an st would you take it? the only thing is i want a 5dr :/

go Fiesta ST, slightly more money but a bigger smile on your face!

i get paid to drive an st so it would be good but does it drink fuel? im stuck lol

To be honest, any car you go for with a big engine will drink fuel. If you want the fun then get that and dont worry about it, but if you want a balance of fun and power, go for the 1.6 or 1.8, anything more and you will be losing the balance of good and evil (or fun and MPG as its also known)

Personally I'd go for something tax (goddamn BIK!) friendly even if not that exciting.

Toyota Auris hybrid or BMW 320d ED (that's for Efficient Dynamics, not Erectile Dysfunction, BTW :)).

Avoid anything remotely French.

And then buy your own ST just for weekend fun :)

• Like 1

I dunno i only get the car for 3 years and its any car i like and i think im gunna go with my mums advice lol get a car i really want as its the only time i can get any car i like on the market so im now torn between a fez st2, Peugeot rcz or a golf type r?? :D

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Whatever you do do not go with the RCZ, you will regret it!

Any reason why jeebo?

RCZs are awesome! I'd have either that or the Fiesta ST.

Basically, the boss man had one, a friend of mine I used to car pool with had one, and a colleague inherited one as a company car, they all said its a nightmare. Its electrics were unreliable, its door seals went within 500 miles, they relentlessly had EML's on and none of them would have kept it if it wasnt for the fact that they were tied into a company car contract (except my friend who owned it outright, she flogged it and got herself a Jag).

They all would have not gone for it if they could have test drove it for a week, but for the one drive, or just what it looked like on paper, meant that none of them would have bought it.

Strange that, my mums friend is on her second one, she loves them!

these guys got them all about 30 seconds after the adverts came out, perhaps it was an issue between the first batch and the rest I dont know but I certainly wouldnt have one even if it was given to me, I might drive it and play once or twice, but it would be out the door lol

Yes that is likely, I expect that those problems have been sorted by various recalls etc. RCZs have been out for 4 years now.

We have a few Pugs in the family, I like them! (not as much as Fords though :P )

Hmm cheers for the comments, its a hard one the golf r is by way the quickest but the least practical in my mind and the st and rcz sit in the middle i have yet to see more than 2 3 rcz on the road yet ever other fez i see now is an st in one of the models so id like the exclusiveness of not seeing many rczs and ive looked round one, the boot is massive twice the size of mine and you get a fully size spare 19" for free!! Which is better than ford and come on you carnt deny it looks amazing and i like that :) its all messed up in my mine lol ive always wanted an st ever since i got a fez but i see too many of them now about the place and i would just want to make it my own and change things but as its a company car i carnt mod it, im aloud a remap if im lucky and ask nicely lol but nothing else, but then the rcz looks good but my job working for national grid transmission im only based on one site so the car would only go on solid a roads but then i might might get called out to a field in the middle of no where and my rcz wont beable to get me there or get stuck midway, but then the golf r aint really good for either as they are mega Speed machines and in a local paper the vw dealer let one out for a test drive the first one they had and it got wrote of on an a road apparently the driver said it was too over powered and kicked out, so yh as ive only got 2 years of driving experience i dont want a silly fast car but i want a good fast car with good mpg good looks cheap to run cheap to buy and i carnt find any lol also ive things carry on with my gf i can see myself moving in with her and wanting a cheaper car to put more towards the cost of our house but im swaying towards an rcz i can just see myself in one haha it would suit my personality of showing off lol (not even denying it anymore baba gf hates me for it) but its a showy car and i like it but like ive been told by my mum im only 19 once and why not have a showy car when i can afford the pay for it before paying for bills and everything else its a hard decision :/ i have it for 3 years so it has to be right i dont want to wish i never got what i pick

Anyone got any more cars suggestions?? Ive got another 4 months to pick haha

I'd go and drive the RCZ and read up about it, whilst you are at the a Peugeot dealership why not test out the 208 GTI? (Sorry Ford fans but it looks amazing!)

Or why not go completely bonkers and get an Alfa? :P

I defo will i get to pick 3 cars and have days out in them all, so I'll be going for the rcz st and something else maybe an A8 just for fun ;) im not keen on alfas tbh, ive read and watched a couple of reviews about the rcz and the 1.6 160bhp version is good as diesel too so there is a tuning box to take it to 208bhp and 410nm apparently lol so its looking good just 4 month to wait lol

The answer is how many miles are you traveling per week and what do YOU want from a car? Do you want automatic or manual gears ?and as jeebowhite rightly says don't touch the RCZ or anything French otherwise you won't be getting anyway fast or as often and I can't believe people buy new Peugeot's as they only give a standard 2 year warranty? To which Autoexpress and Whatcar were both running simaliar cars with the new touchscreen control panels Both panels crashed and one reporter was stuck in France with no satnav Audi's/VW aren't as reliable as people think either , I feel there's still a lot of badge snobbery but trust me Ford aren't that far away from the so called marquee's ,but i'd still test as many cars just for the hell of it ! :-D

Sent from my HTC One X using Ford OC mobile app

My work is 6miles from me so 12 a day 5 times a week, sometimes i have to travel up to 4 hours to get to a training course but thats not normal now, and i travel to my gfs so maybe at a push 300 miles in a week if i was to go to a training course and my gfs in one week, i want a fairly fast car so overtaking and having a little fun is nice, not toj much tho still young and not a great deal of experience, manual or auto wont bother me as long as auto doesn't have lag between gears but if love a flapply paddle lol n i would prefer 5 doors for easier access, a nice boot and full size spare as standard id like the gadgets inside bluetooth is the min i would go, one that isn't that expensive to run as i just pay for petrol company covers insurance service tyres ect so thats the bottom line

Just because it's French doesn't mean it going to fall apart! It's the same with people and Italian cars, Alfas especially, people think that they will breakdown every 100 yards. When that simply isn't the case.

My Dad loves his RCZ (facelift). It is the 2L diesel, same as used in the Focus and Mondeo, etc. Also came with a 3yr warranty...

I would stay clear of diesels for your short journeys though.

• Like 1

Yh im going petrol hopfully and the 1.6 or 2lt rcz would be my choice but why not diesel? Isn't it good for short trips?

and the Alfa story my granddad Alfa has near 170,000 miles on it its an r reg and he will not sell it or get rid its never broken down always looked after service and everything and ect so im very against people saying Alfa brake down but i just dont like them the new ones dont look very nice to me does nothing for me if you will,

• Like 1

Yeah Alfas rule! My mum has had a few, last one was a 147 from new in 2004 to 2012. We miss that car, best car she ever had!

Allow Alfa's, Just Fiat and the Dervs are just GM engines in disguise.

Look at the BIK rating though, generally the bigger the car and worse emissions means you'll stung by the tax man, and I mean badly, Some of them have a 40% rating which essentially means you should have just bought it yourself and it would be cheaper.

The Clio 200T is a great motor but I wouldn't an extra 80 odd over the ST for it, barely any difference and that gear box won't be nice for short trips stopping and starting all the time.

DS3 THP is quite good, it's the mini engine essentially and they have pretty nice interiors, quite a nice place to be.

Isn't the RCZ for the guy that should have bought a TT though? not a fan of it at all.

Over a company car, would they not give you a cash car allowance instead? gives you more choice to buy / lease something else.

I wouldn't touch an Audi with a barge pole! The A3 we had after the 147 broke down every few months, it seemed to like leaking coolant, and then blew the head gasket, thank God it was in warranty! Shortly after we sold it and got the Peugeot.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club