Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help

Rich88hall

Hi guys I need some help and advice if possible. My 2005 focus has a problem whereby the alarm will repeatedly go off for no apparent reason. Does anyone know of any niggly problems that may cause this or a way of disabling the alarm?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Hi guys I need some help and advice if possible. My 2005 focus has a problem whereby the alarm will repeatedly go off for no apparent reason. Does anyone know of any niggly problems that may cause this or a way of disabling the alarm?

Sometimes if a door lock is sticking it can trigger the alarm - or if a window is left open - when you use the remote central locking is it ever a bit sluggish/ wont lock - could be a sticky lock

Some alarms go off in high winds, or if there is a dog in the car, or the car is bumped slightly on the outside, or if someone pushes a half open window down or tries to open a door - best to eliminate things like that if you can

Is the bonnet lock alarmed? they are known to stick too

There is a fuse somewhere that you can remove to deactivate your alarm

On a different note when i deactivated my central locking on mine the alarm did not longer work either

It sometimes takes a couple of presses to lock it. I can eliminate open windows and high winds. The bonnet catch however has previously played up and was the start of the issue. It however no longer displayed the bonnet open message on dash when alarm goes off

Hi Richard. I had exactly the same thing on my Galaxy which was fine for the first few months we had it but gradually got worse and worse until we eventually resorted to just leaving it unlocked everywhere we went!! Not ideal. So i looked in the manual that came with the car and it showed you how to lock the car without arming the alarm. Basically, if I remember rightly, you put the key in the drivers lock turned it to the quarter turn lock position, back up to 12 o'clock then back to the quarter turn lock position and that worked a treat. Sold it doing that as well! So not sure if it will be the same for your Focus but it should be possible. Refer to Manual I guess?!

Hope this helps,

Chris

What year was the galaxy. I will give it a try as the 5 o clock morning call this morning was nasty lol

Ohh nasty, yeah. Been there bought the T-shirt. Mine was a 02 Reg Galaxy, so a bit older than yours. There must be a quick fix you can try!!

Hope you get it sorted!!

Cheers friend,

Chris

Thanks I will try it and let u no

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club