Do Not Sell My Personal Information

J1 Automotive Air Intake Kit

kieranL

hey guys/girls, im looking to buy a j1 air intake kit for my fiesta zetec s mk7 is it worth the £200? if anybody is selling a second hand one that hasn't been used that much let me know.

thanks

yes it is worth it!! get a good exhaust too and its wicked sounds great!!

Get an ITG one, much better and relocates to where it should be, it's £50 more but more worth it, better materials too.

whats the ITG one?

thanks Daniel ill have a look into getting an exhaust to go with it, im also thinking about a Bluefin chip ? any thoughts on that?

The ITG will be much better? How is this?

The J1 is a quality item and worth picking up second hand. As far as I know the itg is only available for ST anyway, I'm probably wrong on that but it's not really going to be much better at all. The materials with the J1 are top notch, the sheild fits perfect. And it relocates to exactly where it should be also.

The j1 is widely highly regarded for the fiesta, with good reason.

ITG are the kings of induction, trying to get their brochure to load up and check the applications, The J1 heatshield is just ALU, which is about as heat conductive as metal gets and not great at all, the ITG one relocates much further behind the headlight, but it's not on Pumaspeed either so they probably don't make one.

They do, do the K&N Typhoon, which is a pretty good piece of kit in any application but it's without a doubt the most expensive on the market for regular 4 cyl engines

What happened to the Carbon Viper kits? seem to have disappeared over the last couple of years.

Oh and ITG use better filters and the pipe work and fitment is just brilliant, noise is the best too.

The j1 noise it's lovely. Yes you are right about the metal being heat conductive, but the only way round that is plastic. However the metal sheild doesn't touch the filter and doesn't actually get very hot. There's no where else to relocate to without using a small panel filter which would limit air flow. Unless your running a blown car then a filter is just gravy anyway and more for induction roar, which the j1 excels at. Fitment and quality of the j1 is great.

I had itg trumpet filters on an Alfa once, and we sold them before and I like it. I'm just going on my personal experience of the j1, which is all good so far.

Trumpets as in ITB's?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

I had itg sock filters on my old 1.7 cloverleaf :) that was a fun car, when it worked lol

ahh ok ill stick to the j1 then :) thanks should I get the j1 and exhaust before I get a Bluefin chip in my car?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club