Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Music Via Bluetooth From Iphone -No Track Info

quaffa

Well, on the plus side, it looks to me as though the sets in the Fiesta are capable of having firmware upgraded if the new cars now have sets with the correct AVRCP 1.4 bluetooth protocol installed. The only way they cannot be is if they've changed the spec of the hardware of the sets they're now fitting, and surely they wouldn't do that for cost reasons. Or would they?

The reply I got back from Ford UK was just a non-committal "Your local Ford Dealership are best placed to assist you with your query."

Srs??? WTF are Ford doing?

Epic tune that though, the Live recording they did back in the 90's was much better than the Studio one, it's on the album one wild night if it's on there.

No idea WHAT they're doing, but it's working so I'm staying schtum. Don't think the text message function works but that's another thread I guess.

Yeah, great tune. I do like the recorded version - about the only track off that first album I can still listen to. Didn't like the rework they did where they treat it acoustically. Awful. One Wild Night version though, great version indeed.

Only thing that disgruntles me a bit is that once the bluetooth reconnects it will start playing again whether I want it to or not. Might be a way around that but it's early days yet.

Press stop on your phone and back out of the music player if on android and it won't kick in. The text thing is just a phone compatibility issue, I had a Nokia 1520 in march brand new with all the goodies a phone could want but it didn't do texts on the car it thought it was a phone call and kept ringing and ringing, luckily you can return phones within 7 days.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

It's an iPhone. I'll try closing whatever app I'm using, see if that helps. The text thing is probably linked to the same issue that means you still can't share files over bluetooth. As long as the phone and music works that'll do for me.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Well, I've contacted my local Ford Dealership and made the request for a firmware update to be carried out.

The girl I spoke with didn't confirm one way or the other about whether a firmware update was possible, but she booked the car in anyway. I'll be taking it in on 3rd June, and I will report back with a result.

• Like 1

There's a menu screen on mine with version info on it. Doesn't make a lot of obvious sense but I'll post a pic up in a few minutes

Now I'm confused. Just collected my new Titanium and over Bluetooth (both Music and Spotify apps) it shows track info.

This is from Spotify:

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1400773314.572871.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

What software version of Sync are you on?

Genuinely not a clue. Thought there'd be something obvious in the system info part of the menu but it might as well be Chinese :(

Interested to see if track info can be made available over bluetooth. But just to clarify you do all know that texts can be seen over bluetooth with the iPhone ? Some posts made me think you don't.

Interested to see if track info can be made available over Bluetooth. But just to clarify you do all know that texts can be seen over Bluetooth with the Iphone ? Some posts made me think you don't.

:o how? I know it's not really an essential and slightly off topic but it does irritate me that i can't get it to work! :/

My 2012 Fiesta ZS displayed track info over bluetooth but my 2013 ST doesn't very annoying. I do use a USB cable and a Brodit cradle but think the cheap cables are causing connection problems for me. Need to get myself a better quality one in black i think

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

:o how? I know it's not really an essential and slightly off topic but it does irritate me that i can't get it to work! :/

Make sure it's turned on in the cars menu and also in settings on the iPhone, works with my iPhone 5s and did with my 4s

Also Phil i have the genuine apple short usb to lighting cable, and sometimes get not very good quality sound hard to explain, like a pause every now and again but very minimal often

Yeh mine sounds like the track is skipping like a poor quality old vinyl record. Haha showing my age now!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Yeh mine sounds the same :/ but I've got a genuine lead and even tried my genuine charger lead but still the same, so just use bluetooth atm

Make sure it's turned on in the cars menu and also in settings on the iPhone, works with my iPhone 5s and did with my 4s

I knew I'd forgotten something. Went into the bluetooth settings for Sync on the phone and "notifications" was 'off'. I've now turned it on. Of course, as is the way with these things, now no bugger has sent me a text while I've been in the car. D'oh!

There's a menu screen on mine with version info on it. Doesn't make a lot of obvious sense but I'll post a pic up in a few minutes

Ian,

Any chance of that picture of the menu screen please? I have my car booked in next week, specifically for the Sync to be updated to support the current AVRCP bluetooth profile, and I'd like some sort of proof that some versions of the Sync device support it when the bloke in the overalls inevitably turns round and says, "Oh, no mate. Can't be done."

Mine shows the track name and artist but I don't have sync, just standard bluetooth connectivity

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

Ian,

Any chance of that picture of the menu screen please? I have my car booked in next week, specifically for the Sync to be updated to support the current AVRCP Bluetooth profile, and I'd like some sort of proof that some versions of the Sync device support it when the bloke in the overalls inevitably turns round and says, "Oh, no mate. Can't be done."

Sorry mate, I got side-tracked going to the new X-Men yesterday. Oops. On page 2 of this thread I have an image that clearly shows that on BT Audio input the track info is there. I'll put the other images up in a minute. If anyone sees anything on them that could be private info for my car, point it out cos it's all Dutch to me

OK, here's the System Info screens from inside the Sync Menu:

post-53284-0-92593400-1400925216_thumb.j

< 3 images removed: after Googling it seems the CCPU number is to do with Sync software version >

Again, if there's anything that shouldn't be on public display here, let me know :)

Still off topic a bit but here goes. Well, I turned notifications 'on' on the phone and tried to do so on the car and was presented with this:

post-53284-0-54558200-1400927796_thumb.j

As you can see the Text Message Notify option is not selectable. If I try I get the "unsupported" message. So maybe the updated Sync (if indeed I have one) doesn't support it? What steps did you do to get it to work? What iOS version are you running? I'm wary to update to the latest iOS since I've got track info now and don't want to lose it by updating. It can happen. I even deleted my phone and re-added it.

The only issue this is causing me now is that when connected to Sync and a message comes in I have NO idea it's arrived. Phone doesn't light up, play a sound jump up and down and go "boo". Nothing. Safety 1, Convenience 0.

Edit: I'll just edit this post to save making a new one.

As is usual it's now working. I tried the advice on the ford.com site for getting it to work with MyFord Touch. Made sure Notifications was 'on' on the phone, opened car door, waited for instrument panel to go off, closed car door. Started car. Bingo. Reads them back and everything. Don't know if it works by voice command, but it does by the buttons.

post-53284-0-39878500-1400930071_thumb.j

Result!!

Thanks Ian, that's brilliant. I'll now have something to show them at the dealer. :)

And just to make sure I've got it correct, this was the Sync set version as fitted as standard in a brand new 2014 Fiesta Titanium?

Yup. Collected new on Thursday.

Edit: end of April build if that makes any difference

Thanks.

I've just got the same screen up on my 2013 Fiesta Titanium, which doesn't have the AVRCP profile, and here is the comparison between the two, just in case it helps anyone else.

2013 Fiesta Titanium, without AVRCP profile:
CCPU:
EC216H45.8
.10349_sp0
.0_Product
2014 Fiesta Titanium, with AVRCP profile:
CCPU:
ED354aZ5.8
.13345_sp0
.0_Product

Thanks.

I've just got the same screen up on my 2013 Fiesta Titanium, which doesn't have the AVRCP profile, and here is the comparison between the two, just in case it helps anyone else.

2013 Fiesta Titanium, without AVRCP profile:
CCPU:
EC216H45.8
.10349_sp0
.0_Product
2014 Fiesta Titanium, with AVRCP profile:
CCPU:
ED354aZ5.8
.13345_sp0
.0_Product

Looks like there's definitely an upgrade about then. Now, whether you can get Ford UK to actually GIVE you the upgrade like our American cousins get is another matter. To be honest I'm not convinced UK Ford dealers know much about it. Mine looked blank when I bemoaned the fact we don't have AppLink here.

That US site is amazing. Register your details and you get notified when there's updates available, then download and install it. We are SO woefully behind here it's not funny

Well, I'm still hopeful that they will provide me with the upgrade, (not necessarily 'give' it to me; I am prepared to pay a reasonable amount for the service), but if it turns out that they are unwilling to do so I will certainly not be giving up.

By denying the upgrade Ford would be implying that drivers must use their hand-held bluetooth device to search/scan/select music tracks. There is clearly a safety issue here if there is an alternative available.

Furthermore, at more than one place in the Ford Sync user guide appears the wording 'We recommend against the use of any hand-held device while driving, and encourage the use of voice-operated systems when possible.' I think the fact that we now know there is an AVRCP update available for Sync, and that it's installation would enable hands-free remote control via bluetooth, means that their denying installation of that upgrade would be acting contrary to their own written policy.

On a more general level, if motor manufacturers install computerised and digital systems in their vehicles, I think it is only reasonable that they should be expected to keep those systems up to date. Most are virtually obsolete the day they're bought, after all; that is only to be expected with progress. I cannot think of any other of the digital devices I have, (cameras, phones, laptops, ereaders, printers etc), whose manufacturers don't provide software/firmware updates. I don't see why cars should be any different.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club