Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Way Of Removing Scratches From My Fiesta

hookw002

Hi a few weeks a go I purchased a mk7 ford fiesta 2009 plate 1.25 Zetec in Red and I have a few scratches on the car and I want to either reduce the appearance or ideally remove them. I have used Tcut but they are still quite visible and didn't really help? Any ideas? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

T Cut is just abrasive and " cuts " it all down so the scratches are less deep.

Get a touch up pen and try and borrow a machine polisher, expensive but cheaper than getting it painted.

• Like 1

Okay thanks i did have a pen but it didn't really help I have bought a kit from Halfords for scratches and will see if that will help as it's specially designed for the exact color of my car

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

What sort of kit is it?

Generally just giving it a very very good clean and a decent wax, Turtle wax do one for reds and the wax itself is red, comes with a wax pen thing you rub into them, works quite well for small marks here and there.

post-54035-140059506838_thumb.jpg

This is what I bought

Did you buy it from a dealer? If so get it to their body shop (if they have one) and get them to have a look. Mine had quite a nasty scratch on the roof which the body shop guy managed to polish off in seconds, now it's as if it was never there.

If the car came with a warranty they should be able to help with this, unless you bought the car knowing there were scratches on it. Even then I'd get onto them and demand that they help you, you've got nothing to lose.

Yeah might do that I didn't notice them when I purchased the car I will get it sorted out! :) thanks

Even if the dealer doesn't have a body shop, you should be able to take it to another dealer. That's what my dealer arranged for me cos I had to drive a long way to buy the car, wasn't about to drive for 2 hours just to get a scratch fixed.

Have you considered using a mobile body repair service I have used one for damage to my front bumper and he refurbished an alloy for me. The one I used came to my work and did it he also would come to your home to carryout the work . His work is excellent and would recomend him

No I haven't I might try that if everything else fails

Sent from my iPod touch using Ford OC

subject to how deep the scratches are Halfords got cutting paste it 2000 grade in paper place a small emount on your finger work this in around the scratch and this will help to blend the area then use a good grade of wax then top coat wax again this is subject to the leavel of mark but it has worked for me

before trying all this paint on your car, just give it a good wax/polish, I use Mcguires products, they are a bit expensive, but they work, I had a 17 year old toyota conquest, and every 6 months I would give it the three step Mcguires polish and it would look like a brand new car, they do have a scratch remover, but this only works for small scratches.

Yeah I did polish it the other day but it didn't really do much it did get rid of a few light scuffs but the major ones are still there

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• 11 months later...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0026ROE6Q?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

I've used this, and after A LOT of elbow grease, this does remove light surface scratches. I spent some time yesterday removing a few from the bonnet. I'd say it had removed about 90% of the scratch, and after a polish the scratch isn't there. I really couldn't believe my eyes.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club