Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Squeaky Brakes

Nerve

Hi guys, first post around here and my first Ford so forgive my noobness! :)

A couple of weeks back I got myself a 2009 Focus S with 40k miles, I noticed straight away the brakes were squeaking slightly when coming to a stop (seems to start when I hit 30/20 mph).

The brakes seem to be working fine and the car drives great, so I left it for a week just to see if it would clear up but it didn't, if anything I'm noticing it more. I dropped it off at the Ford service garage yesterday and they looked at the car free of charge, apparently the brakes are nearly new and all they did was 'clean' and adjust them.

However, on my way to work this morning I noticed the squeaking seems to be worse. It starts as I apply moderate pressure to come to a stop and will squeak until I'm completely still. I notice it usually start around 30/20mph as before. 8 out of 10 times I stop, I'll hear the squeaking.

Is this normal if the brake pads are actually fairly new? Will it take a while for the squeaking to stop? I'll probably call them again today just to let them know so it's on record, but thought I'd ask for some advice here.

Like I said, I'm a complete noob but hoping to stick around and learn a bit! B)

Could be as simple as the pads need greasing with copper grease mate.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

Could be as simple as the pads need greasing with copper grease mate.

Wouldn't that have been done when they 'cleaned' it at the garage yesterday? Not sure what cleaning brakepads actually involves haha :blink:

Probably not. They probably took the pads out and wirebrushed the calliper and made sure there was nothing between the pad and disc.

That's if they done anything. Sorry I'm one of those doubtful guys. Lol.

Nah I'm the same, I wouldn't know if they had or hadn't! I'll probably just call and tell them they're still squeaking, maybe they'll want to look again. Like I said, the brakes feel fine but the noise is annoying :P

I would say they need greasing up. Are you not the kind of guy to tinker with the car yourself?

I want to, but so far I haven't really messed with any of my cars. Most I've done so far with the Focus is debadge the rear and I thought I was a god. :lol:

I'd do it myself but wouldn't know where to start really mate! :wacko:

Lol. Fair enough. It's easy enough but then again if all you have done is Debadged I personally wouldn't start disassembling and reassembling brakes.

Did they change the discs too or is it new pads on old discs?

This could cause a squeaking noise.

Is it worse during the warm weather?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC