Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta 1.4Tdci 52 Plate Rear Brakes And Bumper

Hi all,

first thing first.......My car what mark is it? (one in the picture).

Rear brakes: right so what I assume is the self adjuster in the rear offside drum has come off. It looks in pretty bad nick and probably needs replacing.

a ) any idea where I would get one from?

b )it looks like it'd be fairly easy to fix....... but not sure if all the shoes need to come off etc? any one know of any tutorials?

Rear bumper: anyone got any idea how to take this off? from what I can see online it maybe riveted on. Essentially i've had a bump and could really do with removing the bumper to put it back together to put it back on.... but if its rivited thats gonna be a pain in the ar$e as I cant re-rivet it back on.

Also the hub on the front nearside wheel is knocking, this is the second one i've had though the replacement was second hand. any idea where I could get a new one from, if it would be worth getting a new one instead of another second hand one and how much it'd cost.

cheers all

Your car is a mk6 pre facelift.

The adjuster, you might be able to pick up a second hand one or failing that a ford dealer for a new one. You could check the likes of eBay and also fordpartsuk (online ford parts)

The bumper should just be screws and bolts. Any rivets are likely to be the type you can pop out I would have thought so no hassle there. Never done a fiesta bpsr but generally they are easy.

Your car is a mk6 pre facelift.

The adjuster, you might be able to pick up a second hand one or failing that a ford dealer for a new one. You could check the likes of ebay and also fordpartsuk (online ford parts)

The bumper should just be screws and bolts. Any rivets are likely to be the type you can pop out I would have thought so no hassle there. Never done a fiesta bpsr but generally they are easy.

Cheers mate, looked on that fordpartsuk, I'm looking at £70........would second hand be ok for a part like that? is it fairly easy todo?

Any idea on the nsf hub? (they aren't on the FPUK site?)

now I know which specific type of car I maybe able to find some more info on the bumper or a video

Though it looks though its rivited: -

https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071227104002AAKZ9aS

I would use second hand adjusters, just make sure you inspect them thoroughly. I hate brake drums with a passion! They are fiddly but they are simple enough to get your head round. Top tip with brake drums is only to do one side at a time. I always expect the worse too, once it's all stripped inspect everything. Handbrake cables are free, pistons are not seized and that the lever on the shoes is still free etc.

I totally forgot to reply about the NSF hub. Is it coming from the hub/bearing area or is it coming from that corner in general?

I would use second hand adjusters, just make sure you inspect them thoroughly. I hate brake drums with a passion! They are fiddly but they are simple enough to get your head round. Top tip with brake drums is only to do one side at a time. I always expect the worse too, once it's all stripped inspect everything. Handbrake cables are free, pistons are not seized and that the lever on the shoes is still free etc.

I totally forgot to reply about the NSF hub. Is it coming from the hub/bearing area or is it coming from that corner in general?

There is a knocking, same as what I had before..... I'm assuming that its the hub again. (clearly) not a mechanic, but makes sense. Just found one for £40 delivered second hand, but not sure if its worth buying second hand again......however new looking at other models i'll be looking at ~£160 :(

Bumper has pis$ed me off, as i'm almost 100% certain its riveted......no idea what to do there.

I can't imagine that any part of the hub would cause a knocking.. A broken spring, worn ball joint etc certaibly would.

From what I have googled if would seem it's riveted either side of the bumper just below the tailgate?

TBH I haven't checked the spring, but they've only recently been changed......so it had better not be that!

with the last one, where the ball joint (i think) goes into the bottom of the hub, the hub had worn and wasn't sitting snug, so hump and bumps etc were causing it to know due to the excessive play.

regarding the bumper, I think i'm gonna have to get it jacked up, and have a proper look. I'll do that when I sort the adjusters on the rear. Its gonna need to be on stands anyway so that I can look at the other side.....still not 100% on doing the adjusters yet, as quite frankly never done drums before.

if I drill the rivets out will I have to re-riveted them back in? or would the bolts be sufficient? never heard of them being riveted on before and seems somewhate retarded -.-

Rear brakes all sorted now then?

if I drill the rivets out will I have to re-riveted them back in? or would the bolts be sufficient? never heard of them being riveted on before and seems somewhate retarded -.-

It is riveted on yes and you'll have to drill them out. You don't "have" to put them back in, but it is advisable! You may get away with a screw/captive nut but I am of the thought that if it came as a rivet, it should be.

I believe you also need to remove the rear fittings on the arch liner to gain access to the fixings there.

Rear brakes all sorted now then?

Yeah lots of WD-40 an got the adjusters Unseized and sorted :) was a lot easier than I expected lol

It is riveted on yes and you'll have to drill them out. You don't "have" to put them back in, but it is advisable! You may get away with a screw/captive nut but I am of the thought that if it came as a rivet, it should be.

I believe you also need to remove the rear fittings on the arch liner to gain access to the fixings there.

This really does sound like a ball ache -.-

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club