Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Not Someimes Locking

Speedy624

Hi all

My car sometimes does not lock and I have to leave unlock, occasionally overnight. If I open the car doors over a certain point a red light appears on the dash, this happens with both the driver and passenger door. It will randomly go off after a while and only then am i able to lock the door. I thought it might have been a hinge because i used to open the drivers door and it used to click, some grease fixed the noise but the locks remain the problem.

I have a 2006 Fiesta.

Does this only happen with the central locking, or if you try to lock it with the key too?

Since your last post I have been waiting for it to hapen again and try the key. I will post back after trying the key

Hello again, I tried locking the car with the key today and it didn't work. All day the car has been parked in a secured car park but left open, i returned to the car 3-4 times to lock it by central locking and the key but still no joy.

Maybe it's time to take it to a dealer, shame it's too old to be under warranty, unless you bought it from a dealer? These things can get quite expensive, so maybe the more knowledgeable people on here can help you before you have to go to a dealer.

The key will still activate the central locking, I'd have a punt on the central locking motor being rotten / corroded and that's why you can't turn it manually, It's a Ford they like to rust. but a 2nd hand motor will only be a few quid from a scrappy and easy to change, just a door card off, pull a few rods out of it and unbolt it. take the door card off and check it out, if its rusty of blue bits coming out of the holes and around the bolts it's shot dude.

Was hoping this was a new ZS. I had a problem a few weeks back both fobs just wouldn't open the car, after a few attempts with the key it finally opened.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club