Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta St2 On Its Second Engine.

Face

Anyone else had their ST2's engine go pop?

Leaving Hemel Hempstead I stopped at the lights and heard a strange hiss/pop/rattle noise from the front of the car. Pulling away the car was lagging badly. She got me back home back to sunny Thurrock , but idling the engine sounded like it was trying to escape the engine bay. It went into the Ford where I bought her, first thing Monday morning and was at first diagnosed with a faulty spark plug. Not happy with that they did a compression test.

After two weeks and lots of phone calls I got the car back with a brand new off the production line engine. The Ford garage would only say that Fords had gotten involved and my old engine was taken away for testing. Touchwood she's running fine now , but I've heard that what happened to mine (which i'm still in the dark about) has happened a few times to a couple of other unfortunate souls.

Anyone else had this issue?

Might be wrong, but could this be the melted piston thing that has been reported on stoc.com ?

Let's hope this incident is fairly isolated but at least you got it sorted under warranty! :)

No idea Clarky2013, but thats a possibility. Jamesm182 your not wrong! I was told by a Ford engineer that if the engine had clocked 12000 miles then i would of been given a recon engine instead *shudders*

No idea Clarky2013, but thats a possibility. Jamesm182 your not wrong! I was told by a Ford engineer that if the engine had clocked 12000 miles then i would of been given a recon engine instead *shudders*

That would have been rubbish! How many miles have you done in it?

Then I'd have rejected it, no question!

She'd clocked just under 3500 before she went pop. Never ragged, treated with love shes never been over 100mph in her life.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club