Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Knocking/thumping Sound - 2013 Ecoboost 1.0L

BrumBrum

Hi all,

For the past three months, I have noticed a sound coming from the engine. I would describe the sound as like bass drum sound, I can actually feel the thumping/knocking through my brake pedal, and it can heard with the radio off. It only happens when im stopped in traffic, when i accelerate it dissapears.

A stranger part is that it wont happen for the first 3 or so miles, and then it will happen until i let the engine cool down/buffer period.

Anyone have anything similar happen?

Thanks

If its like a rumbling it could be abs but my dads car had a knocking sound similar on a meganne f1 and we took it to my work over the pit and it was an engine mount so just have a check of them, see if thats any help

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Thanks, yes it sounds like the vibrating/kicking feeling through the brake pedal occurs in-time with the engine if that makes sense?

Yeah thats the same, also noticed it when we lifted the clutch pedal quite fast, try that too see if anything happens buddy

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club