Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Mk6 Unlocking

mactell

Hi all,

As owners of an MK6 know when you unlock the car the side lights and interior light comes on... How can I hook it up so they headlights come on as well?

Not sure how you do that but I do have a question for you if you don't mind ... Have you put lights In your foot wells?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Not sure how you do that but I do have a question for you if you don't mind ... Have you put lights In your foot wells?

Yes I have... :)

What did you use and how are you powering l. I know you can get a strip like thing and have it plugged into the cigarette lighter but I don't like the sound of that it will be on show??

Erm I didn't do it myself.

However it is wired to the ignition so will only come on when the key is turned to the ignition or engine is on. Then is also linked up to a switch so I can still have the lights off even if the engine is off.

Then in the both the footwells are blue LED strips from eBay. I also used to have a white LED strip in the front Grill.

You can bridge it off the live feed for the radio.

Erm I didn't do it myself.

However it is wired to the ignition so will only come on when the key is turned to the ignition or engine is on. Then is also linked up to a switch so I can still have the lights off even if the engine is off.

Then in the both the footwells are blue LED strips from Ebay. I also used to have a white LED strip in the front Grill.

Ok thanks I will have a look :)

You can bridge it off the live feed for the radio.

Is that for the lights in the foot well? That sounds much easier! :)

Yes, all it needs is a live and negative feed, the loom to the radio has these so can be bridges, just make sure you take the proper live and NOT the 12V battery back up that keeps the clock / timers going etc as they will be permanently on, this is usually the Yellow and Green wire but it has been red on other cars I've seen, such as VX that have them the other way round.

Thanks guys :)