Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is a personalised number plate worth it?

Michael P

Mine is KM02 FOX. My name being Karen Margaret Fox, most folks don't realise it's a cherished plate but it's special to me, and was a present from my mum!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael P

• Nipz

• Jonny87

• JAR897

Not too bad, although the Parr one wouldn't stand out to me as being PARR. But it's your choice, sometimes you just need to improvise because of the limited money and letters there are. For example:

I'm thinking of getting a personal registration for my Focus in the next few months. I wanted something to match my name (Luke), ideally, I'd like something like L22 UKE (22 being my birthday), but all the L### UKEs are gone. So I've decided on L22 VKE. It's not as good but I think it stills stands out as being LUKE. And it only costs £245. :D

Anyway, good luck on buying the new plate. Just think it through because this will end up going on some of your future cars as well.

Mine is KM02 FOX. My name being Karen Margaret Fox, most folks don't realise it's a cherished plate but it's special to me, and was a present from my mum!

Thats a good one :)

Thats a good one :)

Thanks poohbear :) Hope you got all your reports done!

Well I can't make up my mind either.

My initials PGO and my Partners are SFO so I could get PG04 SFO which would be good for us and only 245 but for that I could get better alloys or the illuminated interior pack . . . and would anyone else realise that it was a Personal Plate?

Well I can't make up my mind either.

My initials PGO and my Partners are SFO so I could get PG04 SFO which would be good for us and only 245 but for that I could get better alloys or the illuminated interior pack . . . and would anyone else realise that it was a Personal Plate?

nope. looks like u got a car built in 2004!

nope. looks like u got a car built in 2004!

Only to dumb ppl who don't know when the mk7 was launched.

If you like the reg, get it, some are less obvious than others, some try way too hard. M99 KEP falls into the trying too hard category imo.

I got R111 DAA for £250, it's my online nickname, which in turn is to do with the word 'Rider' (As in Knight) if others do not recognise this - that's of no concern to me, it was a great deal - and makes it very easy to remember my VRN.

Michael, I would contemplate a bit more and see if you can twig a nice reg to do with something you enjoy doing perhaps rather than a name based plate. Remember illegally spacing a VRN has long since been an offense and currently carries a > £1000 fine and points iirc. If i were you I'd use the money to find or colour code yer bumpers

Yea, it looks like the car was made in 2004.

If your going to get one get probably an old style one.. that way they will KNOW its a private reg.

I could of had FT08 JAR or EF57 JAR but Y100 looks so much better.

Try and get something layed out like this:

[LETTER][NUMBER][NUMBER][NUMBER] [sPACE] [LETTER][LETTER][LETTER]

Get a number like 100 or 99 or if you can afford a single number (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) go for that... be aware that '1' is VERY expencive lol. the less characters the more expensive...

However the above format should set you back no more than £500 and looks nice if dchosen wisely!

Only to dumb ppl who don't know when the mk7 was launched.

Hope that wasnt a dig at me!

I wouldnt get a personal plate unless it was clearly read by everybody.

Hope that wasnt a dig at me!

Nope - and I assume you'd never actually think hmm, that mk7 must have been made in 2004 :lol:

Nope - and I assume you'd never actually think hmm, that mk7 must have been made in 2004 :lol:

lol not until i see an 04 plate :lol: lol

Benjamin Andrew Workman - B4 WRK (£300 all in)

JOB DONE!!

Personal to me, its my car! I dont care what other people think, my friends and family will relate to what it means so of course its worth it.

If you can afford it, you want it, seeing a combination of characters means something to you then go for it!!

Its called a "personal" number plate afterall ;)

Ben

P.s. Private/Personal... whatever. lol

I'd say good call. I agree with what's been said about going with the older style plates - it's more obvious that it's a personal plate then.

Hmmm - I'm now sizing up T77 DSC which is the other half's first initial, my lucky number and then my initials. I think with the 77 (or maybe 777...) it's obvious that it's personal - thoughts?

I was thinking of personalised plates but I want the year of the car included and I'm not sure if I am changing my initials (divorcee) I wouldnt mind keeping the first 4 digits/letters so it would be L*09 JAN but that looks like the year Jan 09! :lol:

You missed mine out! Do you get the point of mine?! Pretty self explanatory I think!

E10 FTS. Yeah I get the point! I would definitely know its a private plate if I saw it on the road, but I probably wouldnt see it as ELofts, because I wouldnt know it was you! First thing that springs to mind is E10 Flats, leading me to think you live in a flat in E10. but maybe i'm a nut-case! lol

Says who?

It's a rectangular plate with numbers and letters. No plate makes a car look better. In fact, I pity all car designers who have to design cars with these monstrosities in mind. As Jonny said, it's a vanity thing and I'm slightly worried as we've agreed on something. :ph34r:

To answer the original question, total waste of money in my opinion.

Let's be honest, if you want your name on your car (again, I don't know why anyone would), do what they did in the 80's and get a green screen sunvisor and print your name on it, then everyone will know whos car it is.

Well maybe you're a bit like me Keith lol! Except you have more cars :(

:ph34r:

I now have new factors to consider, which i shall put into practice when looking

the main one being that it has to actually look recognisable to anyone, and i shall test you on it if i find one!

Yea, it looks like the car was made in 2004.

If your going to get one get probably an old style one.. that way they will KNOW its a private reg.

I could of had FT08 JAR or EF57 JAR but Y100 looks so much better.

Try and get something layed out like this:

[LETTER][NUMBER][NUMBER][NUMBER] [sPACE] [LETTER][LETTER][LETTER]

Get a number like 100 or 99 or if you can afford a single number (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) go for that... be aware that '1' is VERY expencive lol. the less characters the more expensive...

However the above format should set you back no more than £500 and looks nice if dchosen wisely!

I've had an old plate transferred to my new Fiesta and it's laid out exactly like that. The letters don't really carry much meaning for me but it has triple 8's which is meant to be lucky. :)

instead of looking for your name or surname why not get your initials as the last 3 letters?

instead of looking for your name or surname why not get your initials as the last 3 letters?

Well it would be personalised, but it wouldnt mean anything to anybody except maybe your family

my only initials are MP which makes that very expensive!

ah thats not too good then. you could make up a middle name maybe.... :P

ah thats not too good then. you could make up a middle name maybe.... :P

maybe so! it's not too good :( the only option with my name seems to be MKE

but noone calls me mike! i shall keep on searching, i will find something!

Just buy one and claim it back, nobody will ever know. ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club