Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Towbar On Mk2.5

Gabbo_21

Hi guys,

Heard a couple of stories of people fitting their old mk2 towbars on their mk3 focus. So was wondering if I can do the reverse and fit a mk3 on my mk2.5.

There is a couple of newish mk3 towbars on sale near me for not a lot so wondered if I could take advantage.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

The partnumbers of both original and aftermarket towbars are different for the MK2/MK2.5 towbar and the MK3 towbar.

Even if the MK3 towbar does technically fit on a MK2.5 you may not be allowed to install it. I do not know the UK regulations but in other European countries you are only allowed to install parts which are specifically approved for the type of vehicle.

Personally I would not take the risk and buy the correct towbar for your vehicle.

Chris I have a tow bar for a mk 2 for sale should be the same as the mk2.5 if you want to make me an offer on it before I list it on eBay

What sort you got? Also where are you?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I,m in Ellesmere Port it's not a detachable one I know that will dig it out of the shed later an post a pic .

It's a genuine ford swan neck I do have the electrics as wellpost-29006-0-30209000-1401035448_thumb.jpost-29006-0-31136900-1401035460_thumb.j

• 2 years later...

Considering the offer was made in May 2014...I'm going to go out on a limb and say no...

They are available on ebay (recommend PF Jones) for about £70-£75 (brand new Witter towbar)

• Like 1

• 7 years later...

Hello. I am looking for a towbar for my hatchback 2013 Focus in Bedworth Warwickshire. Happy to remove it from your vehicle if required. Many thanks.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club