Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Supercharging My Zetec S.

carper1994

Hi all, i have decided to be a bit different i will be supercharging my fiesta, anyone got any advice on it? also where will i be able to buy the kit from, im pretty comfortable to do the conversion myself just looking to see if anyone has any advice/tips? cheers kieran

Hi all, i have decided to be a bit different i will be supercharging my fiesta, anyone got any advice on it? also where will i be able to buy the kit from, im pretty comfortable to do the conversion myself just looking to see if anyone has any advice/tips? cheers kieran

i saw it done by fastford magazine, they had one of there own mk7 supercharged,

Induction filter was on the floor but ill read the article again tomorrow for info and report

cheers :)

Turbo is cheaper, only after market kits are rotrex ones and they are not reliable by any means and irreparable too. Turbo you'll get more power too.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

You'll lose air conditioning too as the charger will take place of the condenser.

cheers :)

heres the website of the guys who supplied the kit to the fastford magazine featured blue ZetecS

says its got:

Mountune MP140 package

AP Coilovers

Powerflex polybushes

Hispec big brake kit

Jamsport Supercharger conversion

Says 200bhp and 40mpg

http://jam-sport.co.uk/

It's a rotrex kit, £4k is a bit steep for that.

• Like 1

It's a rotrex kit, £4k is a bit steep for that.

4k :o

Can buy plenty of 200bhp cars for that money and have more fun as you still have your reliable fiesta,

Personally 150bhp is sufficent, i had 170bhp vti twincam and almost killed myself mind you i bought it for 1200 and if i wrapped it wasnt the end of the world as i still had me focus at home.

Now obviously I don't want to be ruining my car by buying something that is rubbish, and I certainly don want to lose my lovely air con, so if I was to go down the turbo route, what will I need for the conversion? (obviously a turbo) but which one? And what other things? I'm not too up on turbo conversions and any help from anyone would be great, this car is going to be my little toy as I work away from home 3 weeks at a time and when i go home I want something that will put a smile on my face when I drive it, also would be good to put my mates vxr to shame lol, cheers Kieran

• Like 1

You'd need new exhaust manifold etc it would be a big expense but charger you could bolt eaton m45 supercharger on underneath with a few guide pulleys get an intercooler off an st or even a small universal one route your piping wisely and you should be able to keep all air con etc from my research anyway, but I've had this plan in motion for ages and never actually got anywhere with it, furthest I got was get a charger, that's about it

• Like 1

4k :o

Can buy plenty of 200bhp cars for that money and have more fun as you still have your reliable fiesta,

Personally 150bhp is sufficent, i had 170bhp vti twincam and almost killed myself mind you i bought it for 1200 and if i wrapped it wasnt the end of the world as i still had me focus at home.

:O no amount of power is ever enough in a car :lol: the 180bhp my bike offers through one wheel is exciting mind

It's a fair whack of money for not a lot of gain. I agree with your comments on buying a car with 200bhp+ in the first place

• Like 1

Gonna be turboing it think, but no clue where to start any help from anyone?

Ask Mountune they should do it or point you in the direction of someone else that can. Biggest expense isn't even the kit really it'll be the ECU a blank omex one is under a k just then you need a thorough mapping sesh. Don't Jenvey make an ITB kit for that engine? http://www.jenvey.co.uk/home/throttle-body-kits/jenvey-dynamics/ford-zetec-tbp45-throttle-body-kit-ckfd03

This plus a decent mapping kit and ecu should do well to get 200bhp with an exhaust. Or a JMS RS2 manifold if they still exist.

Wow matt you really know your stuff lol!, cheers il email montune now and ask them, iv also emailed a few more to get a few prices to compare!!

Cant bring myself to sell my car, love it too much, id get more satisfaction out of building my own and enjoying it..

Just remember a very high price just means they can't be arsed to do it / can't do it. I do wonder if a Puma Turbo or a Mk1 Focus Rs would fit inside.

You need to look at how much power the rods can take before needing forged ones too.

Cant bring myself to sell my car, love it too much, id get more satisfaction out of building my own and enjoying it..

Having been there, done that and worn the T-shirt my opinion is -

Dont waste your time/ money on it - start with an ST - then tune that - a bog stock ST with a remap/ Bluefin would be faster, handle better, better brakes, be more reliable - easier to insure, and would have been cheaper and better in the long run - you would love it even more - if you want a sleeper, you could make it look like a lower model

You could have the engine rebuilt to F! specs, with special rods, you could get parts made like titanium valve gear, and carbon fiber components specially made - there are places that do that - you could easily spend £100,000+ just on the engine - might be worth it if you owned a rare Cosworth or something like that, but you would honestly be better off with the ST then spend £400 on a Bluefin (or a bit more on the Mountune) - then you would have your 200Hp

Superchargers VS turbochargers -

The supercharger robs the engine of power - for example, on the g60, the supercharger uses 8Hp, producing less potential power than a turbocharger, with less efficiency (so less MPG) - thats why they are relatively rare on production cars- the advantage of the supercharger is reduced lag so it can be useful for things like sprint racing etc

A turbocharger (exhaust driven supercharger) is more efficient becaues it utilizes the heat and pressure from the exhaust that would otherwise go to waste, so the efficiency is higher, so better MPG than a supercharger, as well as higher power potential than a supercharger, everything else being equal

I.e. - an A- series supercharged has about 125Hp potential, the same engine turbocharged has about 160Hp potential

Some cars have a supercharger and a turbocharger - the supercharger works at low revs, reducing lag, then the turbocharger takes over at higher revs, increasing power

^ Technically speaking, I think if you put a big Turbo on the car, Forged Rods and Pistons, Ported Head, Low cams,, One piece valves, HUGE injectors and uprated fuel pump plus all the other silly little bits it would be well over 200BHP anyway, same size engine in the ST but factory job is 200 on OB and a low boost job too, if you could get a huge one @ around 2 Bar you'd have an epic little hatch.

But saying that it would be far cheaper to just buy an ST and take it to Pumaspeed and the likes, hand over a few K to have it at 270BHP with some form of comeback should the rods make the freedom leap.

ITB'ing might be a good route to go down, providing it doesn't swallow a stone.

Ive just put a supercharger in my focus,

IMG_20140528_160544_zpski3efboc.jpg

• Like 3

3000KCAL of Motoring goodness right there! although the energy would translate to about 0.0000000000000000000000000000000001BHP lol

• Like 1

3000KCAL of Motoring goodness right there! although the energy would translate to about 0.0000000000000000000000000000000001BHP lol

it led to an increased force feed induction,

But severly reduced my power to weight ratio :lol:

Or await the Fiesta RS next year?

ford-fiesta-rs2.jpg?itok=txoYScKy

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club