Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Plastic Side Window Panels

hawkeyemeds

We've had three fusions and all three have had a problem with the black side panels coming loose and flapping around. Its quite expensive to replace especially as all four become loose after time. Im getting to the point of just super gluing the things into place.

Any one else had this or are we just jinxed lol

Do you mean the external pillar trims?

On the Focus there is a triangular panel in front of the external mirror base.

It covers a wing bolt and tends to warp over time pulling the clips out.

I move the clips around periodically to allow for any warping or pulling.

Yes those are the ones right in the middle though it looks like the glue that connects the clips to the panel is just worn out. I'll have another look at a panel that's still solid. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Always had same problem as the OP, they're just cheap clips holding them onto the car.. Mines now stuck on with Double-Sided sticky tape to strengthen it up and that's worked perfect over the last few years!

2004 Ford Fusion 3 TDCI.

• 2 months later...

My car has the same problem, I was riding on the motorway, heard a loud bang, and the plastic panel "waved horizontally" in the air, just before it broke, and a big lorry ran over it...........crack :(

After that little incident I used Silicone-glue to fix the other plastic panels to my car.

I have asked a Ford Dealer, this is a common problem with these models, the original glue just worns out over time

The one strip on my leftside backdoor costs EUR 33,00 including fixing it on my car.

Going to get a new one asap, as winter is coming, and rain/snow can enter the inside of the door without this panel.

• 1 year later...

Dear old Ford

This is a simple design fault. The countryside is littered with Fusion window trims that have flown off.

The replacements are unchanged and weak.

The cost of replacement is about £35 the cost of manufacture about 10p.

I'll look to replace my Fusion after 8-9 years good use but the cost of spare parts is the sort of issue that will make me buy from other manufacturers who don't shaft their customers.

Happens with other models as well, when the glue 'releases' due in part to the summer heat then winter cold re glue with araldite rapid, works a treat and lasts too.

you can see how common the problem is because of how expensive they are to buy. Also if you go to any breakers, every Fusion always has them stripped!

hi all

i have a drivers door centre trim if any one wants it its lost its sticky pads but the trim is ok

cheers

chris

• 2 years later...

Hi Maxx31.

Our Daughter has lost her centre trim on her Ford fusion. If possible please could she have the one you are offering.

Thankyou 

Trevor.

• 1 month later...

Mine is still on its originals, which is good going.  If I ever needed to fit new ones I'd use Sikaflex, then they wouldnt be going anywhere.  Ever.

Handy tip - Fiesta MK6 items are identical, which widens the purchasing availability.  They're prone to falling off the MK6 as well.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club