Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My 2006 Focus Mk2 Project

focusfan20

Yer I did go a bit crazy haha , well I've had my radio for a while and I paid £250 when it was on offer at Halfords , I've had £150 single ones and they don't cut it in my eyes , has to be a decent make double din with a screen , my Sony has done me so well in nearly 2 years , got every feature going , you can buy the later version of mine atm I think for £320 or pioneer have got a lovely unit double din but this one has DAB and it's I think £300 on offer

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Ford OC mobile app

Update . Changed the washer jets to mist ones , does anyone else's old ford ones have sensors on ? And if so what they for? As no lights have appeared ! Stereo is going in Thursday and also bulbs are going in soon , any guide to fitting front head lights as it seems I'm gonna have to take the unit out ?

• Like 1

Headlights are easy.

Unscrew the Torx on top and then pull the lights forward.

There are two plastic clips under and behind each light but they usually release with a bit of a pull (if they don't then just push the back end down with a screwdriver and they unhook easily.

When you pull the light forward you need to lift the indicator side up slightly and ease them out of position.

I usually place a cloth on the bulkhead under the lights when resting them face down to change the bulbs so as to avoid scratching the lens.

The rear cover has 4 catches securing it, flick them in towards the cover and it lifts off easily.

Pull the bulb wiring off the bulb contacts then unhook the retaining springs.

Do not handle the bulb glass with bare hands as sweat and grease will shorten the life of the bulbs, I use a cloth or rubber gloves.

Update . Changed the washer jets to mist ones , does anyone else's old ford ones have sensors on ? And if so what they for? As no lights have appeared !

see my Guide on changing to mist type jets: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/27149-guide-to-fitting-mist-type-jets-on-your-ford/?gopid=145927#entry145923

I think the loom you are referring to is in fact a power feed to a heater element within the washer jet,

This feature works along with the heated windscreen by passively heating the water as it passes through the jet on to the windscreen

Ah that would explain it ! Ah well I've got heated front screen that will work quick im sure , rather have the mists then a little heated water for 5 days of the year lol my glove box strip come today so will be fitting it at some point ! 3 days and came from Poland apparently !

• Like 1

Ah that would explain it ! Ah well I've got heated front screen that will work quick im sure , rather have the mists then a little heated water for 5 days of the year lol my glove box strip come today so will be fitting it at some point ! 3 days and came from Poland apparently !

thats true,

Problem is the pipes feeding the jets still get frozen solid,

So heated jets are pointless when the pipes are frozen :lol: heated windscreen is the business,

Strip does come from poland,

Take care to line up correctly as they only stick once,

they stick very well, the problem is they buckle if you try to remove it,

So ensure you have it lined up correctly prior to sticking,

Quick update new glove box strip came today and just this min fitted !

post-54501-140182583975_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Quick update new glove box strip came today and just this min fitted !

lools great and transforms the dash,

Also ties in with the titanium/ghia dash vents you have there with the chrome centre grips.

Update !! Just ordered k&n induction kit for a bit more of a smoother sound , should he here by Saturday I Hope! Brought from a local car store and ordered in special and even better it's for a mk2 ford focus 1.6 so not cutting or anything just plug and play ! Well I hope

• Like 1

Update !! Just ordered k&n induction kit for a bit more of a smoother sound , should he here by Saturday I Hope! Brought from a local car store and ordered in special and even better it's for a mk2 ford focus 1.6 so not cutting or anything just plug and play ! Well I hope

should be a straight swap panel filter i hope you paid no more than £60.00 for K&N

Paid £65 Inc delivery so not to bad :-)

• Like 1

Paid £65 Inc delivery so not to bad :-)

not bad mate, lasts a long time and better than the factory fitted aswell however had you said you were lookin to purchase a performance filter id recommend Green Cotton also got 10% forum dicount and 20% off all richbrook range aswell see here:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/36783-green-cotton-performance-induction-filter-fitting-guide/

May be of interest to others aswell,

Its looking really good so far - I'm starting my own build thread on my Fiesta and the light mod tutorial has gotten me really excited about it :D
Please upload more pics and keep us informed of the build :)

Dan

Did you manage to install the radio or anything else? Any pics?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Pics coming this evening ! Keep watching , very long and tricky install but finished earlier today! In fact pics coming in 30 mins or less!! :)

• Like 2

Great look forward to seeing them :D

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Here we are :)

post-54501-140208495515_thumb.jpg

post-54501-140208496859_thumb.jpg

post-54501-140208498189_thumb.jpg

post-54501-140208500068_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Bit of Jason manford while out and about lol how do I change dials colour and climate control colours? I want red !

post-54501-140209037014_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

New dials are In :-) and parking sensors getting fitted up as the monkeys stile the last set ! New colour coded ones are going in !

post-54501-140213344899_thumb.jpg

post-54501-140213346124_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Finished result of colour coded parking sensors ! Only £13 so not to bad but I originally only brought them to full the holes in my bumper that the monkeys took because I have reverse camera ! All done in a day :)

looking good and like the revers camra

• Like 1

Bit more things done , k&n induction kit (sounds impressive) and also spent 3 hours cleaning it today! Also final result of the sensors :) engine bay needs a clean though!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

post-54501-140224079666_thumb.jpg

post-54501-140224081276_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I need some more ideas on what to do with my car :) I need wheels and body kit ! And rs spoiler ! Got moy24 supplying me with side skirts ! Anyone else care to help me !

• Like 1

What luck!! Today a friend of mine has told me hus mate has brought an St just for the engine ! Means I get all the other bits cheap! Well that's the plan , hopefully it's a 5 door mark 2 !

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club