Do Not Sell My Personal Information

*** Ford Sync Applink 2.0 - When?

BHeart

I have contacted my local dealership about this SYNC AppLink 2.0 FREE downloadable upgrade which is supposed to have been already released at the start of this year but, they told me that they have no information yet.

I've seen this update mentioned on so many websites including Ford and it should already be available to us but so far, no links have been put up. I've even contact Ford Customer Relations but they have not yet replied.

It is called Sync AppLink 2.0 but, do our SYNC integrated Ford cars actually have Sync Applink 1.0 installed?

Sync AppLink appears to be a great upgrade and we could do so much more with Sync if we could get our hands on the download so if it's already been released for free download, why are we not seeing any download links?

Basically we don't even have AppLink 1.0. It's available as an option on the new EcoSport but it's not a "thing" here. In fact the salesman I dealt with recently just looked confused when I asked about AppLink. I've read that it might come in the new Focus due later this year, but we'll see.

I'm not 100% but I thought I read that AppLink 2.0 is integral to MyFord Touch. And I think I'll long since have stopped caring by the time Ford UK adds touchscreen to our cars.

We seem to be about 3 years at least behind what is fitted in US Spec cars tech wise I think. And don't hold your breath on being able to download your own updates either. They seem to know even less about that, even going so far as to claim there are no updates available for Sync. Despite new builds having newer software.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I've been told the same thing from my lease company, "there are no updates" when I tried to create an account on syncmyride.com it didn't let me because my car has a UK registered VIN. I was sold on half of these features that only exist in the states. Very misleading. I thought I was supposed to be able to get diagnostic reports from my car through this account too?

Hi, thanks for your reply.

As stated in my first post, I've seen this mention on many websites including Ford (ForayMotorGroup for example) and they clearly say that the update was released at the beginning of this year and is free to download but no links to do that.

Ford UK have a page on their website which mentions SYNC updates and that they will soon be free to download - still waiting.

I agree with you about certain features helping to make your mind up but, so far, it seems that owners in the states get them without any trouble at all.

• 3 months later...

I think Ford have duped us all with the false advertising of the update as stated below taken from ford main dealer web page united kingdom.

Ford have released a new update to their SYNC AppLink software, enabling a select number of owners to upgrade their version of the ground-breaking in-car infotainment system.

Proving a huge success since its unveiling in January 2007, Ford SYNC is a communications and entertainment platform which allows drivers to answer telephone calls hands-free, as well as to conduct actions like changing music channels through the use of voice commands. It was met with critical acclaim upon release, winning the Best of What's New Award for 2008 from Popular Science Magazine, as well as a host of favourable reviews from critics.

2011 saw the debut of Ford SYNC AppLink - software which allowed for a host of mobile phones and handheld devices to run applications through the voice command features, radio and steering wheels of integrated vehicles. First seen in the Ford Fiesta of that year, it has gone on to become one of the most appealing aspects of owning a new Ford car.

Downloadable free of charge

Known as SYNC Applink 2.0, the newly-released upgrade is currently available for owners of models with existing versions of the software installed to download for free. It will also be made available in millions of upcoming units in the future, with the new Ford Ka, Focus and Fiesta among the vehicles tipped to reap the benefits.

This upgrade is a clear indication of Ford's determination to offer the very best experience for both driver and passenger, with the manufacturer aiming to make every aspect of the cockpit easier and convenient to use.

If you are looking for a new car and want to experience SYNC AppLink in a new Ford vehicle, be sure to come along to one of the certified Ford dealers operated by the Foray Motor Group around the South West.

there is no download link attached and cannot be downloaded from anywhere.

i took my focus into the main dealer for its annual service and asked for a software update on my system as this was supposed to be a dealer than can do the update , when i picked the car up later that day i asked the receptionist if this had been done and with a blank look on her face it was an obvious no with out any explanation.

So when is this update going to be available for us Ford owners within the uk.

I emailed ford customer services about an update last month and was told no update is available.

Yeah its one area that's not great in the current fords isnt it?

When even aygos and the like all have touchscreen systems with music, car data, satnavs etc ford can't or won't even upgrade their clunky old sync setup!

one review I read said trying to use the satnav on the fiesta is like looking through the wrong end of a telescope - bang on :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club