Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

808 #16 Dashcam - For Rear Use

Byr0n

I just keep looking for the lower more value for money ones which is why I am going to give this other one a crack! Never the less they are all awesome for what you get!

Im a tight ar*e too :lol:

I have looked for mobius cams, the price seems to start at about £60. Is that right or am I looking in the wrong places.

• Like 1

I couldn't find it by searching for some strange reason however I dug up my purchase history and found the exact seller I got mine to make sure it's still available.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mobius-ActionCam-Full-HD-Sports-Camera-1080P-30FPS-720P-60FPS-Pocket-Camcorder-/151071891306?pt=Camcorders_Professional_Video_Cameras&hash=item232c961f6a

Iirc there are only 3 official sellers on eBay, the makers them self authorised sellers rather than reseller. This is the one I used and still the cheapest

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Sorry guys, been so busy last month I haven't managed to get on here

Just to confirm I still have not received the 808 cam! I have emailed the seller and trying to get refund as it's been to long now. Annoying as I have bought items in past from banggood and they have turned up within 14 days, the tracking info supplied was last updated on 14th June so don't know what's going on with that

I have read through the thread and see you have purchased one of them cameras James, sorry to say you will be disappointed, I was also conned into buying one the footage is not 720P as advertised it's less quality then 480 I'd say. Regardless I complained to eBay and was given full refund, I also left seller bad feedback and he said if I removed it he would refund me again, so I got my money back twice lol

Regarding the 808 cameras on eBay, make sure you are buying the #16, there are so many copies out there, that cheap one for like £4/£6 is again a spy cam and not far in car recording, only the #16 camera comes on when power is applied and vice versa.

The #18 camera I believe is ok but as it was not made by the same people that made the Mobius you cannot configure it as easy. This also answers someone else's question... Yes you can adjust the settings with the same software as the Mobius camera.

Anyway hope this helps some people, I'm still hoping the camera arrives, if it does I'll post the review :)

• Like 1

Well, I recieved my camera, as of yet I havent had a chance to record and watch it back, but we will see what the quality ends up as!

As for the camera, I am a tad disappointed! I have opened the package and found the DVR Unit, USB Power Cable and also screen mount, I am missing the rear view camera and lead, and also the remote. SO i have dropped him an email and look to see what he says. I am also opening a dispute on eBay to see what comes of that also. If I get just a refund I will be happy to give it back, but at least I can offer a quick review of the article :p

Also to advise the camera that I bought, the screen flickered quite a lot, didnt seem great but it still recorded. The quality didnt appear all too bad on the few second clip that I did get!

Although I am most unhappy that it didnt come with the rear view camera as that is what I bought it for!

• Like 1

Although I am most unhappy that it didnt come with the rear view camera as that is what I bought it for!

Im sorry to hear that James.

That explains why they avoided my question the first time about the remote and rear cam. I still haven't had a reply from the second message I sent them asking again.

• Like 1

eBay scammers

I havent done a proper video but will probably do one, to be fair it looks good for the price, I just would have preferred the rear cam to be there.

If he doesnt reply and give a refund, eBay will, then I get both :p

I will then reinvest the money to see if I can buy one that actually works as I want it to!

I will then reinvest the money to see if I can buy one that actually works as I want it to!

This is the cheapest of the same camera that definitely states there is a remote and rear view camera with it, if you decide to go with the same one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HD-DV-Dual-Camera-Lens-Car-Vehicle-DVR-Cam-Dash-Video-Recorder-Reversing-Lens-/351040422408?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item51bba3c208&clk_rvr_id=661959998868&afsrc=1

I have to admit the mobius looks tempting, but I am stuck between wanting it to be discrete so as not to be nicked or have one with a screen so I can see whats going on and where the lens is pointing, whilst keeping the price down just in case I decide it wasn't such a good idea,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,AAARRRGGGHHH!!!! there are so many to choose from,,, :censored:

Ebay scammers

While I was looking through the cams on eBay, there one that said GPS in the title. I asked the seller if it actually had GPS on it and he replied "no".

I reported him to eBay and sent him a message saying it was misrepresentation having that in the title. Two days later it was removed as it was supposedly not for sale anymore, then the next day he put it back up for sale with GPS still in the title.

Are there any rules in china when it comes to selling stuff, as there are starting to be more sellers who either give false details, whether it be what about the item or where the items location is, and some who just take the money and don't send anything.

Item location has become my new pet hate for eBay, unfortunately there is no way around this other than eBay protection/PayPal dispute of course that's only after you've let go of your cash.

Report him again hopefully eBay will ban him

This is the cheapest of the same camera that definitely states there is a remote and rear view camera with it, if you decide to go with the same one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HD-DV-Dual-Camera-Lens-Car-Vehicle-DVR-Cam-Dash-Video-Recorder-Reversing-Lens-/351040422408?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item51bba3c208&clk_rvr_id=661959998868&afsrc=1

I have to admit the mobius looks tempting, but I am stuck between wanting it to be discrete so as not to be nicked or have one with a screen so I can see whats going on and where the lens is pointing, whilst keeping the price down just in case I decide it wasn't such a good idea,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,AAARRRGGGHHH!!!! there are so many to choose from,,, :censored:

That's the type of camera I bought.

I didn't get a remote with mine, but to be honest - that's no real biggie (pound to a penny I'd lose a remote...bit like memory cards.

This is a link to mine: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=121093876067&alt=web

The one you've linked records in AVI - those cameras are considered "fake" (genuine F70 based units record in MOV format). The AVI cameras are not in least bit reliable - build and picture qualities are very poor. Spend the extra tenner and get a unit that records in MOV

Sent from my SM-P600 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Finally received the camera! Will try and fit over weekend :)

Well, the camera that I bought is going to be refunded and I get to keep it! so I now have a spare to play with, so will get it setup at some point and observe the quality of its outputs!

Well, the camera that I bought is going to be refunded and I get to keep it! so I now have a spare to play with, so will get it setup at some point and observe the quality of its outputs!

I might have to get one then ask for my money back ;)

• Like 1

hehe,

Well I bought it on the representation of what was advertised. When it arrived without the rear view camera, the remote and also a slight quality issue I raised it as a case with eBay.

The screen flickers, almost as if the refresh rate is not enough, the quality from a 20 second clip I had from filming the office didnt initially appear to reflect the 1080 quality that it was set to. between these and the missing parts, the chap advised that he would refund, so I am just awaiting that coming through. No return would be necessary, so it means I can offer a full review on the product!

hehe,

Well I bought it on the representation of what was advertised. When it arrived without the rear view camera, the remote and also a slight quality issue I raised it as a case with ebay.

The screen flickers, almost as if the refresh rate is not enough, the quality from a 20 second clip I had from filming the office didnt initially appear to reflect the 1080 quality that it was set to. between these and the missing parts, the chap advised that he would refund, so I am just awaiting that coming through. No return would be necessary, so it means I can offer a full review on the product!

Ok I'll hold fire till you have managed to test it.

He still hasn't had the courtesy to reply to the second email I sent him asking if the rear cam and remote are included. I'd normally steer well clear when a seller avoids answering questions, but if I can end up getting it for free, it might be worth a go :lol:

haha, yeah might be worth a stab in the dark I will see if I can get any footage soon, will run it on battery rather than the full setup :p

Yeah I emailed him when I opened the box and saw remote and rear cam missing, he didnt reply to that but with the 'quality' and 'flicker' I opened the dispute which has of yet failed to pay but will inevitably end up in my favour!

There's lots of cameras on eBay from China you could actually get for free as 90% of the sellers are not honest with there listings.

I've ended up having 3 free cameras so far as what I have purchased has not been what was listed

That's why u just went for a Mobius and 808#16 in end :)

Managed to get some footage today of the 808 #16 camera, this post went off a bit on a tangent. :)

I must say I'm quite impressed with the footage, for just over £20 it's a brilliant little camera.

I installed it with a suction mount to start with as I had one spare, I do have an adhesive mount but wanted to make sure I was happy with it first as those adhesive mounts are a bugger to remove

85B86549-ADF4-4F4C-A0AB-EBF12530343B.jpg

Because my car sockets do not power off when my ignition is off I fitted a switch like system, see here:

66507CEC-1E9B-44A4-AFB0-44A92A075990.jpg

I will tidy the install now as I'm happy with it. I forgot to mention this is installed in my BMW and not my C-Max, before anyone asks that doesn't look like a Ford :)

Footage is below, wouldn't work in this post. As you can see number plates are easily enough to read as well as signs (when paused)

In terms of size, the camera is actually smaller then the Mobius, I should of taken a few scale shots but forgot. I think you should go for one of these James, for the money you can't moan.

• Like 1

Forgot to mention, the camera only comes with a key ring holder and data cable with Velcro, like the Mobius.

So you will have to buy a USB lead, and cig lighter socket, these are pennies on eBay. I purchased 2 x cig lighters for 99p delivered and a 3m USB lead for £1.20 delivered.

The memory card I installed was a 16gb Kingston class 4 micro sd

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

looks interesting topic might have to save up for the one SeanW posted :/

• Like 1

The video footage looks good, even considering that youtube compress the video quality, for 720p it's very sharp

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club