Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ebay Flip Key Mod

bald biker

Hi. This has probably been done to death but I'm new!

Are the blanks that are available on eBay where you just swap internals and get key cut that simple or is there more to It. This is for a mk2.

Depends what you are buying, if your buying a nameless brand, then yes, its just the blade and the fob housing.

If you buy a Ford kit, you could buy the full key (all in) for about £35 off eBay.

I've just done this with my key. I bought one like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-MONDEO-FIESTA-PUMA-FOCUS-KA-TRANSIT-GLAXY-REMOTE-FLIP-KEY-FULL-REPAIR-KIT-/171049732559?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Safety_Security&hash=item27d35bc9cf

Only problems I found was that the screws on the case rounded quite easily, also my key had the ceramic chip inside which are glued down, luckily I had a spare key I cut one out of as the key with the remote on was a bit hard to get the chip out. Definitely worth doing though!

It makes a great difference, my key went back for repairs recently, was without it 2 weeks and as sad as it is, I really missed it!

Thanks for the replies. Does the spare key with remote still have a chip in. Just concerned about mucking key up and having an expensive bill for a new one.

Any key that works with the car will have the chip in. It links up to the immobiliser and if it isn't present, the car won't start.

Simple to do really. Get the key, complete with all the chips etc. Get key cut. Once key is cut, register the fob to the cars centrol locking using the orginal key to start the learn process. Then from the old key just cut away at the plastic to get the the little black chip . Or most shops programming the key to the car for £50. But if you do choose to get a shop to do it . You might as well buy 2 if you don't have a spare. Simple. Btw. Flip key look so much cleaner and better, no key striking out...

To be honest, most of the shops can only code glass chips, but you can easily modify a key to take the glass chips and its a damned site cheaper!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club