Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Those of you with Leather Interior

JAR897

So, As you probz know, I have ordered the Titanium X Pack which comes with the Leather Seating.

To those of you with Leather interior, Is it still a joy to sit in, or is the heat making the seats sticky and unplesent? This was my main concern when ordering the car as if the leather is a poor quality it will go all crappy and not be nice to sit in: I.e. Too hot in the summer, too cold in the winter.

What have you uys experiences been with the leather?

Exactly the reason why I want the 17" alloys and NOT the leather interior! Oh why can't I have the Street Pack on my Titanium?

Exactly the reason why I want the 17" alloys and NOT the leather interior! Oh why can't I have the Street Pack on my Titanium?

But surely the Street Pack is 17" alloys, ESP (inc EBA) and Privacy Glass. Your Titanium will come with Privacy Glass anyway (unless you opt to delete it as I have) and you can order ESP and EBA together with 17" alloys as separate options. So I can see no problem in having the precise equivalent to the Street Pack on a Titanium?

Naturally I've no personal knowledge of this but I've heard that young ladies in very short mini-skirts tend to stick to hot leather seats :rolleyes:

It seems ok so far in the hot weather and it was also ok in the winter as well.

So that means I'll have lots of hot ladies taking mini skirts off in my car? Sounds good to me.

If the cars been in the sun it's not very pleasant but after the air con has been on its ok. B)

Very cold in the winter untill the heating kicks in. :)

But surely the Street Pack is 17" alloys, ESP (inc EBA) and Privacy Glass. Your Titanium will come with Privacy Glass anyway (unless you opt to delete it as I have) and you can order ESP and EBA together with 17" alloys as separate options. So I can see no problem in having the precise equivalent to the Street Pack on a Titanium?

Trouble is that the 17" alloys are not on the options list and you have you buy them as an accessory - my dealer was quoting £100+ per wheel and then another £100+ to put a tyre on each wheel so looking at £800+ for the alloys and then factor in the ESP and its well over £1,100 and way over my budget.

As it is I have been and ordered my new car this morning and the salesman did a deal whereby I am getting the Titanium X Pack for £760 and he knocked another £50 off of the total car price to bring it down further so I guess I could say I am getting the wheels (whoopie) and the leather (oh dear) for £710. At least it'll be a good selling point when I do finally sell the car on.

So that means I'll have lots of hot ladies taking mini skirts off in my car? Sounds good to me.

Are you buying this car for you or for them? lol

Trouble is that the 17" alloys are not on the options list and you have you buy them as an accessory - my dealer was quoting £100+ per wheel and then another £100+ to put a tyre on each wheel so looking at £800+ for the alloys and then factor in the ESP and its well over £1,100 and way over my budget.

As it is I have been and ordered my new car this morning and the salesman did a deal whereby I am getting the Titanium X Pack for £760 and he knocked another £50 off of the total car price to bring it down further so I guess I could say I am getting the wheels (whoopie) and the leather (oh dear) for £710. At least it'll be a good selling point when I do finally sell the car on.

Ahh, I see but when I was toying with the idea of changing the wheels on my long-awaited Titanium my dealer offered to eBay the standard wheels in order to off-set against the cost of the new. Just a thought. Actually I've gone off the idea for the time being.

Does no-one worry about the ride quality with 17" wheels? I've seen at least two reviews where even the standard Titanium 16"s were criticised as too large and I was investigating something that will shock most forum members, changing to 15"s which I'm told are standard on Titaniums in Germany.

I think you haven't quite grasped this one :lol: . It means that when they come back for a second ride - that is if they come back at all - they'll be dressed in something more practical. Advice based on distant memories of the 1960s and the newly-invented miniskirt together with the genuine Ford leather-look PVC upholstery of the time ;)

Changing the subject rapidly - thanks for your post back in April where you enthused about Sea Grey and pointed out something I had missed, that the colour is exclusive to the Titanium and Zetec S. I immediately changed my order from Moondust Silver having been assured it would not add to the wait.

I have had no problems with my leather interior in the sun, the leather seems to be of a very high quality.

With regard to the 17" alloys, yes I do fine the ride slightly on the firm side, although I would put this down to the sports suspension more than anything.

I really like these 15" alloys :)

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/fiesta_200..._wheel_1054.htm

With regard to the 17" alloys, yes I do fine the ride slightly on the firm side, although I would put this down to the sports suspension more than anything.

I have read a coupe of road tests where they say that the stiffer suspension on the Zetec S is not as comfortable or as much fun as the suspension on the 'lesser' models - I am sure that once I have my Titanium with its 17" alloys on I will be able to pass comment . . .