Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Far Does A Full Tank Go On A 2000 Ford Fiesta.

samsamsam80

I've just bought Ford Fiesta Zetec from the year 2000 and was wondering how many miles it will do from a full tank. Any ideas anyone?

idea...... brim tank, reset trip.... run until fuel light comes on.....

• Like 1

Oh very helpful. It was just asked out of curiosity, no need to be a smartass sarcy douchebag. Get a life.

Is a rough estimate too much to ask? A ballpark figure?

Depends on a multitude of factors. If you drive like a doddery old grandad, then it'll seem to last forever. Drive it like you stole it and you may as well move in to the petrol station.

Not mention where you drive: motorway? Town? Twisty country roads?

What's the weather like? Crap? So your lights are on, blower on full whack, wipers on max? All a drain on the system.

How much extra weight are you carrying? (Not you personally) - 4 burly rugby players and a boot full of junk will all add up.

What's the cars history? Has it been well looked after? Or did previous owners think servicing was far too complicated and expensive? Similarly, what condition is it in now? Freshly serviced will have an impact (a positive one this time - I'm not completely negative)

So Martin was right - really, none of us can tell you. The only way to find out is to run a full tank and work it out yourself. You may not be able to say "Right, this tank'll last 253.6 miles" but you will soon be able to say "Right, a run to Doncaster and back, that's about 1/4 of a tank and a round trip length of 90 miles..." and work it from that. Or as I do, just judge distance by amount of fuel rather than number of miles

Sent from my SM-P600 using Ford OC mobile app

Oh very helpful. It was just asked out of curiosity, no need to be a smartass sarcy douchebag. Get a life.

Rage Bro! You could have even roogled it rather than get sand caught in your !Removed!.

Realistically it depends on how fat your girlfriend/boyfriend is. Extra weight means more fuel required and lowering is ill advised as fat chicks cause scraping. Just an FYI.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 2

this dude must not have enough dough to fill the tank....... you asked a question i gave the answer.... if you needed to know, consult the hand book.....

You're right, I don't! £14 to last me till payday! I'm guessing that won't get me very far?

well, once pay day has come and you've topped it up, done what ever. n ran it till empty... then you can inform us on this......

• Like 1

To try and put the claws away on this thread my 2002 Freestyle with the 1.25 will return 300-320 from a completely full tank and if driven carefully. This was the case on two of them I had. I also had a 1.3 fun as a long term courtesy car while my first one was being fixed (never was properly so was scrapped) and got 250-60 on a tank with that I believe... I don't drive my cars overly hard or keep crap in the boot... My two pence for you.

Thanks Jake! Very helpful! Now I have some rough guidelines so I know if I'm driving uneconomically or if there's something seriously wrong with car.

That's okay. Your mileage will vary though. If you have any other questions about these cars, feel free to ask me. I have done my fair share of research on them. And have been elbow deep in mine!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Ford OC mobile app

Hi

I used to get 320 miles from my 2000 1.25 LX

Hope this helps

Jamie

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club