Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlight Adjusting With Hids?

footfistart

Hello all I have !Removed! of a problem. I've installed some h7r hids a couple of weeks ago and first thoughts they are very bright. Colour is 5000k and I haven't been flashed or pulled over been passed a fair few police. Anyways looking at how the beam is pointing it seems that most of tI e beam is more to the centre/right hand side of the car. And I have abit of a cap on the lower left handside.

Now would I be able to adjust this myself by assuming adjusting the hexagonal plastic fasteners (two in each headlight upper and lower) or get a garage to help. I can see fine. Well more than i could ever see. Just annoying that there is a cap. I have pics but are not great

post-27911-0-37426800-1401405622_thumb.j

So can i do it myself or garage bearing in mind there hids and they are most likely to say take them out.

I know the dos and donts about it all and don't need lectures about it as I've seen plenty of conversations about them. Would like some nice helpful advice.

:) many thanks and I'm hoping people don't take that the wrong way. I will post how to install hids once beam is sorted.

Ta.

Anyone? Even if anyone has had problems when just changing normal bulbs would be a help. Does anyone know off the top of their head which adjuster does what?

It's not solved pressed wrong button

This is normal. A right handed drive car will have the right side beam pointed lower than the left... HID will only exaggerate the cut off point

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Oh right I see so shall I just leave the alignment alone then? It's not much of a cap but I've had 35watt hid and found it wasn't as bright as it was described and also there where dark patches in the beam. so I asked for the 55watt kit And It's alot brighter but now the cap is more apparent but only in one place. I haven't been flashed once with both kits and being by the police and not blinking an eye at me. So I can't be blinding anyone as far as I'm aware. I'll upload more pics to get a better idea. Thanks for reply

I can't say if it needs alignment or not bro but I can tell you for sure its normal to have a slight kick up on the left side

Why is that? I would of thought the pattern would it would be similar? I know my set up isn't ideal but I have the r rated hids so the beam isn't too horrendous. When I had my mot and I had my standard halogens in the alignment was spot on and even then there was abit of a gap on the left also.

The light pattern is meant to be a wedge shape from left to right, this allows for illumination of road signs, pedestrians and kerbs without dazzling oncoming drivers.

• Like 1

The light pattern is meant to be a wedge shape from left to right, this allows for illumination of road signs, pedestrians and kerbs without dazzling oncoming drivers.

Exactly what the road code says

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club