Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Squeaky Noise Coming From St2

Hinkko360

Hi All,

Ive had my 2014 ST2 for nearly 3 months now and still loving it, but i noticed after i had done around 500miles in it that it had developed a squeaking noise when going over bumps or in high gear usually 6th which I'm pretty sure is coming from somewhere under bonnet but it never really bothered me and i thought it would prob go away after a while but now I've have done appox 2,500miles and noticed the past couple of days that the noise is getting louder and louder and is now becoming pretty annoying, was wondering if any of you other ST owners or MK7.5 fiesta owners have had the same problem or if anyone had any idea on what it could be causing it.

going to ring the dealer one my lunch break to see what they say but good to see if anyone else has had same issue

Is it one squeak or multiple squeaks in sync with the bouncing over bumps?

Nice parking in that pic by the way, you need to do it a disabled bay next time, gets you more internet points, 2x bonus if you get a disabled and a parent and child bay next to each other.

If i was you I would take it into the dealer.. Mine is in today for a load of stuff to check, if its annoying you get it checked :)

Is it one squeak or multiple squeaks in sync with the bouncing over bumps?

Nice parking in that pic by the way, you need to do it a disabled bay next time, gets you more internet points, 2x bonus if you get a disabled and a parent and child bay next to each other.

both really sometimes one squeak and sometimes multiple squeaks depends on how bumpy the road is I've rang my local ford dealer and I've booked it in to be looked at next wednesday

why thank you haha the car park was dead when i parked in it and it was few days after i picked it up so thought have little photoshoot but next time i will try and get disabled and parent and child bay in one so i can get the extra bonus points ;)

If i was you I would take it into the dealer.. Mine is in today for a load of stuff to check, if its annoying you get it checked :)

yeah thats what I'm doing rang the dealer a min ago its been booked in next wednesday for them to take a look at do hopefully they will find the problem :)

Open the bonnet and give it a good push up and down on the slam panel, be careful not to hit your head on the bonnet though and make sure it's secured.

Might help you narrow it down, will also let you know if it's mechanical or not if the engine is off.

Open the bonnet and give it a good push up and down on the slam panel, be careful not to hit your head on the bonnet though and make sure it's secured.

Might help you narrow it down, will also let you know if it's mechanical or not if the engine is off.

yeah good shout i will try that it, does it when i shut my car door as well that how i no that its deff coming from under the bonnet :)

Probably an exhaust mount come loose or the rubbers have split on them. shake the tail pipe round and round and see what it says.

ive got the exact same problem on mine

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/55602-something-loose/#entry354780

it gets worse when the weathers warmer too, so when i took it down the dealer on a rainy day i couldnt replicate it !!

sounds like the top of my suspension on my one, im planning on taking the wheel off and seeing if i can locate it from there

Loz do you want to Swap cars? I really want an Orange one.

You prefer white right?

haha! even if its a slightly squeaky one?

i think the diffuser stands out better on yours though B)

Just use the loud pedal more to drown the squeaking out :P

Dont care, I'll fix the squeak.

Been thinking of a Respray tbh, the car was so cheap for what it was but want something else.

Was thinking the Old BMW Techno Violet or Alfa Etna Black as both are boss colors and will suit the car so much, or just may get rid and buy and Orange one for a similar amount.

ive got the exact same problem on mine

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/55602-something-loose/#entry354780

it gets worse when the weathers warmer too, so when i took it down the dealer on a rainy day i couldnt replicate it !!

sounds like the top of my suspension on my one, im planning on taking the wheel off and seeing if i can locate it from there

just watched the youtube video you uploaded on the other post that is the exact noise I'm getting from mine

Dont care, I'll fix the squeak.

Been thinking of a Respray tbh, the car was so cheap for what it was but want something else.

Was thinking the Old BMW Techno Violet or Alfa Etna Black as both are boss colors and will suit the car so much, or just may get rid and buy and Orange one for a similar amount.

you should go for some crazy coloured wrap :D

I hate wraps with a passion, they just never look good, all you need to do is open the door and tell it's a pikey job straight away.

Would much rather fork out 2K for a mint !Removed! job have it permanent and then change the Log book to match etc.

Might start a thread and seek color opinions.

• Like 1

yellow screaming-yellow-fiesta-st.jpg?v=2

The Yanks just get it all don't they!! Something like Renault Liquid Yellow would be pretty boss.

Will source some images and seek opinions, might play with photoshop later on tonight.

The Yanks just get it all don't they!! Something like Renault Liquid Yellow would be pretty boss.

Will source some images and seek opinions, might play with photoshop later on tonight.

yeahh i like the sound of yellow specially with black wheels and black trim would look sick

Yeah definitely, with gloss black fog surrounds, lower grill, rear diffuser and the front bumper middle section below the bottom grill gloss black

• Like 1

Right I've had a look around the car and I've figured out where the noise is coming from

photo 2

its coming from the drivers side down the side of the engine where the arrow is pointing

heres a video of what is sounds like from where i think its coming from

Completely unrelated to the actual issue here, but your coolant looks a bit low in that picture!

Located the culprit just after cleaning the car, appears to be this metal rod/tube!

Ive put more pics/detail on my original thread if you need more detail dude :)

• Like 1

That's one of the aircon pipes isn't it? Might be wrong!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club