Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Giving back the keys to my Mk7 titanium back to ford!

johnnymac16

Well after all my trouble with the fuses keep blowing and me losing power on certain things in the car, it has today blown the front halogen bulbs on the front so im handing the keys back to ford on thursday until they fix the electrical faults it has or il just trade it back in asap! Im getting really fed up now of the electrical faults and fords lack of help to know or either want to fix it asap.

Il keep u posted on whats going on, but its going in thursday afternoon and im getting a hire car and sending them the bill as they cant give me a courtesy car until two weeks.

PS. anyone know the cost of replacing the front halogen bulbs on the new mk7

thanks one unhappy mk7 owner!

Well after all my trouble with the fuses keep blowing and me losing power on certain things in the car, it has today blown the front halogen bulbs on the front so im handing the keys back to ford on thursday until they fix the electrical faults it has or il just trade it back in asap! Im getting really fed up now of the electrical faults and fords lack of help to know or either want to fix it asap.

Il keep u posted on whats going on, but its going in thursday afternoon and im getting a hire car and sending them the bill as they cant give me a courtesy car until two weeks.

PS. anyone know the cost of replacing the front halogen bulbs on the new mk7

thanks one unhappy mk7 owner!

This is absolutely !Removed! horrific

What if this happened on a motorway at night at 70! (that happened to me once and you cant see a damn thing) or even more dangerous like a country lane at night, could end up in a ditch.

Something it majorly crook with your car and with your dealer. If I was in your position I would want a full refund, so you can get a new car from a different dealership, and enough cash to hire a car until it gets built.

TBH you really shouldnt have to pay for replacement bulbs when they have been blown by a cars faulty electrics on a car in warranty. Especially as they were supposed to have fixed the problems.

Be sure to crucify someone at the dealership, how can they get away with being so crap?

Sorry to hear of your troubles, it very frustrating when it doesn't work right and you don't feel you are getting support you need been there with a couple of cars.

Good luck with getting it sorted and don't be afraid to switch dealers to get a fresh set of eyes on the issues it's under warranty so any dealer can help.

this is so sad to se some 1 so unhappy with something that could be easly sorted, they shouldnt have replaced the fuses in the first place , they should have took the car off you at that point as it is so OBVIOUS that the fuse went cose there was something wront with the wireing and the fuse done its job by blowing so replaceing it will not solve the issue . this is like pappering ova cracks . i would demand to speak to the manager and demend answers and what they are going to do to make you a happy camper again . make them offer you compo but dont ask when thay do act insulted and tell them you want a resalution within that day . i work for a big global mobile network and it works for our customers lol hop this helps.

danny p

I assume that you have tried taking the car back to a different Ford dealer to see if you get better results from them and that, as DannyP says, your dealer is not just papering over the cracks

Blimey. That's awful. Make sure you put your foot down at this dealership because they're taking the p*ss!

Just thought id keep u lot updated, the car is going in to ford on thursday after noon as I finish work early and they are now giving me another car, maybe a demo car or something they say, they said sorry but its just an inconvenince to me to be honest. But fingers crossed it will all be sorted by after the weekend or something.

Just annoying as I cant drive in the dark for few days.

Il be back on thrusday evening or friday to let you all know whats going on.

Just thought id keep u lot updated, the car is going in to ford on thursday after noon as I finish work early and they are now giving me another car, maybe a demo car or something they say, they said sorry but its just an inconvenince to me to be honest. But fingers crossed it will all be sorted by after the weekend or something.

Good luck!

That's insulting. After everything the government and the tax payer is giving to motor dealerships to get them back on track, and they think they can get away with a "Quick Fix" on a car under warranty?? I would of thought to keep happy customer in this time of recession they would be doing all they can to fix problems properly and maintain their customers. I would also recommend try another dealership, or write a strong letter of complaint to the manager of the dealership - That usually gets you somewhere.

I would also recommend try another dealership, or write a strong letter of complaint to the manager of the dealership - That usually gets you somewhere.

I have found int eh past, if it is a larger organisation, to write to the Finance Director, they don't get many letters of complaint and are for more likely to rise to the challenge. I did it once with with company I was having a problem with and getting nowhere with their 'Customer Services' and the problem was sorted within 48 hours!

I got my car through evans halshaw, they are pretty good but will see tomorrow..

Soo been to fords today and we have a problem. They found my car needs a new alternator which is affecting power in the car so at the moment i have more volts going through the car than is supposed too, i think they said 18 volts is going through which is why bulbs and fuses have blown, so they ordered parts and new bulbs and to be fitted next week.

Also found out my car was listed as part of a recall for cooling hose thing and that has been sorted too..

they said people will be recieved letters shortly to bring theirs back to be checked.

But im happier to know that they are fixing it and know what the problems are.

Il keep you guys updated soon.. But happier none the less

Soo been to fords today and we have a problem. They found my car needs a new alternator which is affecting power in the car so at the moment i have more volts going through the car than is supposed too, i think they said 18 volts is going through which is why bulbs and fuses have blown, so they ordered parts and new bulbs and to be fitted next week.

Also found out my car was listed as part of a recall for cooling hose thing and that has been sorted too..

they said people will be recieved letters shortly to bring theirs back to be checked.

Glad you're feeling happier now but I'd still give the dealers some grief as they should have made more effort to advise you on the potential recall.

I wonder how many other cars are affected........... :unsure:

Hi

you should contact trading standards, you can contact them through your local coucil, they are really helpful with information regarding your right's, this is useful if you want to chop your car in, also the dealer is more likely to play ball if contacted by the trading standards regarding your complaint.

steve

Hopefully all of that extra voltage hasn't done any long term damage to the rest of your car and it gets fixed properly this time...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club