Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync Updates/firmware

BrownMotoring

Hi all,

Does anyone know what the latest Sync update/firmware version is?

I have a 2013 Fiesta Titanium and have been having problems with music streaming via bluetooth. It was okay until I Updated my iPhone to the latest version of iOS and now the only way I can stream music is to launch the iPad, find a track and hit play. It was all automatic before and it's annoying, so I suspect my version of Sync isn't entirely compatibility with the latest Apple iOS. Tried to contact a couple of Ford dealers but getting anywhere with them was nigh on impossible. If anyone can let me know the latest version or what you have so we can work out what is at least recent, that would be great. If anyone has any clues as to when the updates will be available via the Ford site that would be grand also. I have questioned Ford service via Twitter and they have repeated "soon" every time and that has been going on for months. Thanks, Phil.

Maybe able to help on this, my st is in for checks today and they said an update for sync will go on, so I will check the version number in a few hours when she is back and post :)

Ignore. Didn't link directly to post

Maybe able to help on this, my st is in for checks today and they said an update for sync will go on, so I will check the version number in a few hours when she is back and post :)

That would be super helpful, I know a member on here is on 4.x. I am on 3.x and am having a couple of issue with my HTC One M8.

Do you know if they charge for an upgrade to Sync?

Would be great to be able to to do this, we just need the files! I have read that US based owners have been able to do this for a while! grrrrr

Yeah over in the states they can just go online, put in their VIN and download the files to a USB stick. Supposed to have been coming here for over a year by the sounds of it, but no progress has been made.

Ive just also tweeted @FORDUK so I will see what they say! If anything!

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have since Tweeted Ford Services UK and got the standard 'it's being worked on' or its 'on the way' reply. The site hasn't been updated for a very long time and the whole thing feels much like a huge time wasting micky take. Now contacting local Ford dealer again to find out if they can help or want their palms crossing with cash. I'm not desperately amused but all I can suggest is keep asking Ford/Ford service.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have since Tweeted Ford Services UK and got the standard 'it's being worked on' or its 'on the way' reply. The site hasn't been updated for a very long time and the whole thing feels much like a huge time wasting micky take. Now contacting local Ford dealer again to find out if they can help or want their palms crossing with cash. I'm not desperately amused but all I can suggest is keep asking Ford/Ford service.

It really winds me up. If we can even get them to admit there's an update they most likely want paying for it when the US get them free. Stinks. But we're years behind and no sign of catching up.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Here you go, just picked up from Ford with the latest (according to them) sync version

post-44676-0-05484100-1401462510_thumb.j

post-44676-0-74722600-1401462548_thumb.j

Here's mine. Picked up new last week

post-53284-140146433109_thumb.jpg

post-53284-140146434456_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

fact is rather than all of use Fords crappy online form or harass our dealers we would be much better off sending emails to Ford UK's company directors and pressing him / her for answers.

Will hunt for the details now actually and post on here, it's ford related so mods shouldn't remove it, hopefully anyone writing to the person can do so constructively and not troll etc as that will get no where.

Well that was easy.

He's on Linkedin as well,

Send him a polite, brief and to the point request and see what happens.

Perhaps with a fair few of the same requests etc things may change.

movende1@ford.com

He's on Linkedin as well,

People actually USE that? I thought it was a phishing site the amount of ruddy emails I get.

What I don't understand is that for a Ford supplied system, dealers and service centres here seem to suffer from mushroom syndrome with Sync. I might drop him an email too, even though I seem to be lucky with the version. But there's an iOS update due soon(ish) and i am not going to be the first one testing my Sync v4 and iOS 8 without knowing there's an update to grab if needed.

I do, depends on your job really it's great for job hunting. Everyone should mail him who wants things to change, strength in numbers n all

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

i like to update mine as well will ask my local ford see what they say hope they sort it out

But do Ford charge for this update?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club