Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Connector Question??

nazsky786

Trying to retrofit the actual keyless system would be extreme modules and electronic immobiliser would be complex to understand

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

It is not that complex. At the moment I have allmost all of the needed parts to retrofit the Keyless Start and keyless Entry system to my Focus MK2. My only problem is that I do not have time at the moment to install the system. I have some other modifications which are more important at the moment.

• Like 1

How much for all your parts?

Just followed starter cable which leads to the connector mentioned at beginning of this thread. It goes nowhere else. The wire is at the same position on both rs and my old loom.

And mix how does the headlight jets attach to the bonnet? I don't get where it sticksk

I circled the area where the washer jets go, this is directly under the headlight, you can see two clips on the washer jets those two clips are the top and clip into the two holes on the bumper in the circle, the lower part of the washer jets latches under that frame on the car

post-43258-0-55288100-1401742073_thumb.j

Second photo with arrows shows location of clips for the hose there are more than two but not only two are visible in this photo

post-43258-0-36985000-1401742355_thumb.j

Is it the same on the mk2 ? And just above them I just make a hole for the jets to come up?

Yes same for mk2. It can be done with the bumper on but I highly recommend taking off the bumper for feeding the hose through. You need to test fit as you cut away this requires taking the bumping on and off constantly, the bumper is very flexible and it needs to be sitting as close to its normal fix position when cutting the hole or else you will find when you've put it all together the hole is slightly off target.

There is a small bit of plastic under the jet covers that sticks out this acts as a sort of wedge to tighten up the gap between the bumper and the cover. If you cut away too much of the bumper the wedge wont tighten up the gap and leave the cover loose.

post-43258-140174335545_thumb.jpg

In the photo you can see the small plastic post that acts as a wedge against the bumper.

What I did is with the bumper loosely fitted I pulled out the jet to touch the bumper I then made a mark with a pencil around the jet, took the bumper off then drilled a small hole in the center of my pencil mark I then slowly used a very sharp carpenters knife and cut away the plastic slowly each time pulling out the jet to see how well it alligned with the expanding hole untill the jet head could come through (very tightly) then I added the covers cutting away just about enough for the covers to move in and out freely

Is there no marking on the bumper? Or is it all manual work? I'm not brave enought to take my car front end off.

I would also need to take the left wing off as well to get to the bottle.

No markings at all bud. All manual. No need to remove the wing at all. Jack up the front right and remove the wheel arch liner that will give you full access to the washer bottle, it's bolted on with two screws and held in position by two clips. Once you've disconnected all wires and screws it will need a good gentle yank/wiggle to free.

If you are unsure about removing the bumper have a go with it on. Remove your headlights that will give you just about enough room to clip the jets on. You can remove your fog lights for a bit more room and to get another hand inside for feeding the hose through. Once you've remove the driver side front wheel arch you will be able to feed the hose through. The hose has no play room it is exactly the length needed

Ok I will have a try tomorrow. I might have to just be brave and take the bumper off but I just have the sense it's never gonna fit back on how it was.

How ya getting on with the washers?

Do you have any tips on fitting the dashboard loom

I had not done today so never had a chance to do it. Tomorrow hopefully. As for the dashboard loom it's a lot of work. Follow jw's guide to remove dash and then you have access to the loom. From then on its a matter of disconnecting anything that's left over. One all that is don't you need to remove the old loom . Pulling will not work. You have to find each individual clip that's holding the loom. Once it all out making sure it don't get caught on anything. When putting the new loom in you need to put a price of cardboard or something to stop connectors going into gaps and getting caught. Or use a big pipe. You need to pass the driver side connections throught the passenger side. Keep a hold of the passenger connector or you might mistake them and start piping them. But one you have the driver side loom through in the middle of the dash everything else from this point is easy. If you have a kid someone with small hand that's better for you but I didn't so my hand was getting cut up every time a connector got stuck and trying to get it out. But make sure the loom you put in is the same as the old one. If your car don't start then you will have to do my temp fix which is run a cable but hopefully you don't have an alarm that wants to be a b****. Viper don't get one installed by bswc auto car security. They are craps..

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club