Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radiator Top Hose Slight Leak

seanyboy25

Hello All:)

Help needed please

I have recenlty replaced the clip on the the top hose that goes into the radiator due to rust and a tiny leak, on removing it. It had rusted that much it had left a indent of the old clip was and now even with the new clip on its still leaking coolant abit. Advice needed please.

Regards Sean:)

so the leakage is coming out of the rad? or are you sure its the pipe?

What kind of clip have you used to replace it? I would use a spring type clip so it always applies pressure rather than a jubilee clip that can stretch and still allow it to weep

its a spring band fuel hose that was on there before so I just replaced it with one of them, its not leaking from the radiator I checked this out, It only seems to be around the the clip area is it worth using a smaller clip to aid a tighter fit?

so the clip has bitten in to the pipe then, made holes.... if you have enough pipe try cutting off a bit of then putting it back on..... clean the clip up and re-fit....

I will try that monday when off work and get back in touch then thanks for help guys:)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club