Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fault Codes ; (

ianglanister

Hi all since my last post my super F got delivered yesterday so I've plugged it in and got three fault Codes -

P1631 Main Relay (Power Hold)

P0191 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance

P1664 Injection Pump Control Module Malfunction

I've been reading a lot of various things how one can trigger them all and about it being a battery/grounding fault however with my issues being intermittent I am not too sure.

The issues are after cruising at 60/70 for a while if I put my foot down a bit to overtake it gets the glow plug light flashing and into limp mode then eventually just dies. If I turn it off while stationary or rolling and restart it's perfect if I don't cruise at them speeds it's perfect

Any help would be highly appreciated I'm booked in for 4 new tyres and the tracking tomorrow but don't want to spend a fortune if these faults are going to be very costly tyres are not essential just like to keep on top of them due to averaging 700 + miles a week.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

Best thing to do is reset the codes, and see what comes back, then you know what to look at.

if the codes dont come back then it could have been from years ago, otherwise it will show you what needs to be fixed.

Ye I've cleared them and will check again after a bit of driving tomorrow. Must be a fault somewhere with the issues been having which ain't good when I'm on the motorway most the time cheers and will update tomorrow

Hopefully silence means no bad news!

most of the time if you have recently bought a car, it will have error codes on there, perhaps from a day to a lifetime old. its best to reset the error code then and come back to see what returns. Hopefully nothing much will return! sometimes switching the light off and telling the car to forget about it can make a great improvement and prevent lights coming on.

if the error doesnt occur within 40 consecutive starts of the engine, then its supposed to remove the error codes, sometimes though it just "archives" them, and when it does that, it can cause the car to think there is still an issue. By which, the car says "I am being told there is an issue with this, now this, now im gunna roll up and die!!!" whereas it should just say "that seems to have had a moment, I will keep an eye on it"

Thanks for the reply, I had just come on to update not had chance all day with the kids. The only error code that came back up this afternoon was the P1631 Main relay (Power hold)

However when it was on the ramps today having a set of new tyres and the tracking we could hear a hissing noise from the front so tomorrow's job after running around is find the hiss. The guy thought it was coming from the egr valve lower hose but we shall see tomorrow looks like been leaking oil or something because the bottom of it is dirty so will take it off tomorrow and inspect it. If all good it will get cleaned up and re fitted and I will hunt for the hiss from other hoses.

Also on tick over most the time (not all the time) I get a knocking from what I think is the lower pulley any ideas how to confirm before I order the kit?

Hi all the code P1631 Main Relay (Power hold) keeps coming back anyone got any ideas to try?

Cheers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club