Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta S1600

Sparticate

Hi All,

I am looking at replacing my 1.6TDCI mk7 with a mk7 S1600.

The model I am looking at has 134bhp, yet I think I may want a little more, at the moment I am looking at a bluefin remap which will give me about 10bhp more and circa 12nm extra torque.

Is there any other cheapish performance mods that I don't know about?

Any other advice or thoughts would be appreciated!

Rylan

why not tune the tdci?

Im no longer doing the miles to make the diesel worthwhile, I would like something a bit sporty too

do you have the 90 or 110bhp derv? as these can get 135bhp quite easy n loads more torque

have the 90 at the moment, I just much prefer the looks of the s1600, I would have a st but the insurance and tax is a bit much at the moment, I think the S1600 with a bluefin will be close enough to the st to keep me happy for now :)

in that case, up grade spark plugs, n coil packs if you can.... a cat back exhaust, a green cotton filter, smooth the inner of the air box out. and a map then.....

looking around, I could do a bluefin map and a panel filter, would I actually notice the 10bhp increase and is it really worth it?

10bhp will only be noticeable when maxing out the revs when racing. I would drive it as it is first as you may find it goes well enough as standard. The later Metal edition has the same running gear which I have driven and it was great fun and pulled well in every gear.

I shall wait and see then I think

The S1600 is a nice car and you won't regret it. You could also put a sports exhaust on, that'll add a couple of BHP, taking out stuff you don't need will help as well. Also the trusty old air filter

I have the newer, metal edition, exact same just newer. got a j1 on it and 2.0 tdi audis, sciroccos, golf. cant keep up, there suprising mate

Really? My S1600 got walked over by Clio cups. let alone Audi's and Volkswagens.

You're looking at 5bhp from a J1. So 139bhp. 2.0 Audi's are 180bhp minimum... There's no competition in my eyes

• Like 1

well I have done the deal on a 12 plate car with 10000 miles on the clock, quite looking forward to it :) would like to upgrade it a bit and make it slightly more individual but cost, as always, is the limiting factor!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club