Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hello!

Mental_Atom

Hey everyone,

Been lurking for a while... Mainly because about a week ago I was one phonecall from buying a new Fiesta, rang my insurer, and discovered they won't insure me on it as the ecoboost is "too powerful" :(

Don't want to leave mid-policy so I'm now becoming overly impatient for October so I can finally go for it once my current policy ends! Have my trusty P-reg fiesta to keep me going until then. It's a nice first car, but I get rather impatient with the lack of any power under the pedals haha!

Nice to meet you all!

Matt

Welcome to the group! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Hi welcome :)

Welcome to the family Matt,

Dont you just love these dumb insurance rules!

Welcome to the family Matt,

Dont you just love these dumb insurance rules!

Haha, yeah. But on the bright side I can save more of a deposit, and from the difference in interest go for a ZS rather than Zetec, so that's kinda an upside :)

Sent from my One X+ using Ford OC mobile app

True indeed :-)

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

Hey everyone,

Been lurking for a while... Mainly because about a week ago I was one phonecall from buying a new Fiesta, rang my insurer, and discovered they won't insure me on it as the ecoboost is "too powerful" :(

Don't want to leave mid-policy so I'm now becoming overly impatient for October so I can finally go for it once my current policy ends! Have my trusty P-reg fiesta to keep me going until then. It's a nice first car, but I get rather impatient with the lack of any power under the pedals haha!

Nice to meet you all!

Matt

Hi and welcome,

When your ready for insurance then please feel free to drop me a line if you like.

Regards,

Dan.

Hi and welcome,

When your ready for insurance then please feel free to drop me a line if you like.

Regards,

Dan.

Thanks! May well do, I'll bear that in mind.

• 1 month later...

I had this very same problem with insurance. Only difference was I was picking the car up the next day when realised. had to cancel policy and take out a new one that day :) funny thing is after them saying they won't insure me on the st, the new insurer was £20 cheaper with all the added extras like breakdown personal injury etc. N I had a 51 plate Nissan almera 2.2 diesel that I part ex'd for £100 :P

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Ford OC

I had this very same problem with insurance. Only difference was I was picking the car up the next day when realised. had to cancel policy and take out a new one that day :) funny thing is after them saying they won't insure me on the st, the new insurer was £20 cheaper with all the added extras like breakdown personal injury etc. N I had a 51 plate Nissan almera 2.2 diesel that I part ex'd for £100 :P

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Ford OC

Yeah, mine is now ordered for the end of october, basically the day after my insurance ends my new one shall be delivered to my door!

And yeah, coz I'm a new driver I'm paying like £1300 for my current old banger, and yet the insurers that will insure me on the new one are only about £750... it makes no sense!

Car is worth £150? Oh, that'll be £1300...

Car is worth £12,000? Oh, that'll be £750...

I love insurer logic!

• Like 1

It's not just the value but a lot of other factors like repair costs, safety and security and many newer cars cost less to insure than older ones.

Also if your existing insurers won't take the ZS then they are obliged to cancel the policy at no penalty to you because it's their decision not to continue and not yours so you should get a proportional refund. However, if you are still building up a no-claim bonus then it can make sense to hang on till your next renewal to get the full year.

It's not just the value but a lot of other factors like repair costs, safety and security and many newer cars cost less to insure than older ones.

Also if your existing insurers won't take the ZS then they are obliged to cancel the policy at no penalty to you because it's their decision not to continue and not yours so you should get a proportional refund. However, if you are still building up a no-claim bonus then it can make sense to hang on till your next renewal to get the full year.

Ah, cool, I didn't know that thanks for the info!

It's all sorted so I can wait til it runs out, especially as due to a random offer I'll have 2 years NC for 9 months driving (I didn't know this until I contacted them about this sane issue). It's great!

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Ford OC mobile app

Yes they call it an accelerated bonus so for you it will pay to wait !