Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remap - Superchips/bluefin

Pete80

Just had a look at the DTUK website, they do look good but they're pricey! There are ones on eBay for much less but not for my engine.

Yes, a remap seems like a much more "proper" solution but I cant see me splashing out on that any time soon.

There are some serious gains to be had by remapping diesel engines though!

Yeah, I know that's the real reason but I'm trying to justify the cost so I can act like its an "investment"!

haha, well, put it this way, if you get their gen1's from eBay they will likely save you some money. Even if it only gives you a 1MPG gain, then your still looking at saving money everymonth, although to be fair, from the facts I was reading before, you could save up to 4MPG easily. an extra 40 miles per tank or so, and depending on the mileage, you could have already recouped the cost within 6 months.

Also if you contact these guys, they will direct you to the right one.

I was asking for one on my CMAX, but the link that I found didnt seem to be right, they sent me a link to a different model but the one that was right.

TDI as Clive refers to are also another very good name, with good savings on their GEN1 technology.

Yes, TDi look good too. They reckon +44Bhp on my engine with their two channel system! Wow!! You'd definitely notice that!

Aftermarket aside; if my engine is 6 years old they've probably improved the factory map since then. Anyone got experience of different map versions for their ECU? (I know there was an issue that needed a code update with some of the CPUs in my Volvo V50 - which has FoMoCo written on all the CAN modules!)

not that I am aware of, but even then pay one hour of fords labour and you could have bought 2 tuning boxes :p

IMO recouping the cost of a remap or box is not the main factor.

It's about making your daily driver come alive and release it's potential.

I'd rather have a big smile on my face every time I take my car out rather than worry about making the money back.

It's all about the fun.

Agreed, the extra power a remap or tuning box brings can make the difference between driving being a chore to it being an enjoyable experience

Very true having the extra torque makes my car even better, just waiting on my egr blank now

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club