Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo St Tdci

Bigjonxdsm

Hi guys I'm after some advice again. I've seen another Mondeo st tdci for sale. It's a 56 plate with 100,000 miles on the click and has 8 service logs in the books (full service basically). It's had two owners from new, no advisories on the mot. There's some pictures down the bottom.

But this time it's from a dealership. By the pictures it looks a good clean car and in good nick. But you know what is there to look out for as such and well just what to look out for.

Cheers guys hope to hear from you.

post-54538-140173988129_thumb.jpgpost-54538-140173990301_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

hi there I just brought a Mondeo st tdci today in silver 2005 with 90k on the clock with full service history aswell.

ive noticed 2 things..

1.. when driving there seems to be a light kind of pulsating in my seat but I was told it could be possible the wheels need aligning

2.. when stationary if I press on the clutch its like I can hear the engine making a slightly different noise..

maybe its just me otherwise what a fantastic car

They are great cars - especially in performance blue (or whatever it's called)

I can see from the pics it has the usual stone chipping on the front side skirt - they get peppered with them there unless you fit mudflaps - discrete of course.

If it drives well and looks well then go for it. The 2 owners and full service history would say to me it's not been much hassle.

What exhaust trim does it have? Not many running the originals now as they are prone to snapping at the rear box

Thanks guys. Been and seen it today and drove it. I love it. Really do. The only thing I couldn't get used to was the reverse ha.

It's got the normal exhaust trim no chrome or anything so that's something that would be changed anyway.

The car looked good douse great and drove well. The normal stone Chipping's and that but what do you expect.

What do you guys think. Do I got for it. Ask him see if he will do 3500 cash?

Tbh i think 3500 cash is quite abit 4 that mileage. I got mine with 10k less miles full service history 1 owner for 2200 lol

What you think I should ask then? There asking is 3795.

wow that's quite a lot tbh.. I wouldn't even offer 3000 lol. but then again maybe I just got lucky

I would use the example of Anthony above and really work on the price, tell them that you saw this car (use Anthony's details) where its less mileage, same great condition, same car basically and that you could get that for £2200. but it means travelling. I would be aiming to get it down to about £3000, its probable that Anthony was lucky, but it just takes one other great offer out there to steal the sale from under their nose. I would say just give them a buzz and work on a price, then go pick the car apart EVERY little detail, note it and use it against them for price. If its a Ford dealer selling, then you will struggle to get less than £3300 for the car, if its a garage / trader, you could work them down.

Do your research, find similar cars, similar mileage (dont worry too much about the cosmetics) then just note all the details on paper:

Car 1 - 55 plate, 100k miles, £3200, <20 miles

Car 2 - 57 plate, 140k miles, £3500, 35 miles

Car 3 - 56 plate, 100k miles, £2800, 80 miles

Car 4 - 56 plate, 90k miles, £2200, 33 miles

Something like that, and take it with you to see the car. That way you can say "well, theres 3 other cars here that are going for less than your asking, all in the same condition, so if you want me to buy this, what are you going to do to make it worth our time!".

He could be selling the perfect motor, but its not worth that much! I bought a 57 plate Zetec MK4 1.8TDCI for that money, 110k on the clock, live near london so paid those sort of prices. even though its an ST, with that sorta mileage, I would still work the price down, aim for £3200 as a maximum, aim to get it under 3 if possible. Dont be afraid to walk away. Tell them your going to go look at those cars. Either one of two things will happen, either they will shout "wait a moment" and pull you back, or they will let you walk, in which case, do, then go back a bit later and try again. Tell them you test drove all the other cars, and that they werent all ST's but they all drive fantastic and you would be willing to do the travel to go get one, but you would prefer not to waste the money on train fares etc to go pick them up.

If they work with you to get the price down towards the 3200 mark or less, then go with them. I think Anthony was very lucky indeed to get it at that price, but I dont think it would happen anytime soon. but, if they dont want to know and will only sell at their price, dont bother with them. The fact is they are looking for an easy sale, someone who wont quibble, someone who will roll over and pay, and that tells me that they will be happy to let anyfaeces hit the fan and in the event you need it repairing, they will probably make like difficult to get it done.

I dealt with a trader, and managed to knock about £800 off his asking price by the end. plus partex. Took £400 off the price straight up when I started seeming interested (especially when I mentioned a competitor had the same car about 15 miles away for that price, then he took my car for a drive and agree'd £1k. After a bit of to and fro, he took £1400 for my car, and £400 off the price, which by the time he finished playing the books, it came to an £800 discount (or somewhere round there) and £1k for the car.

Thank you. That's a hell of a lot of information. I think I'll send them an e mail. And see what they have to say. The bloke who dealt with me in the first place was a bit of an idiot humm...

Thank you. You've given me a lot to work on. Thank you muchness everyone.

No Worries, hope its of some help!

Its a game with car dealers, you have to walk in there at first pretending you dont know what a car is, and you have to wait for them to think they have you (they have the idea that its an easy sale, cars off the lot and they have money in their pocket). Then you turn around and sting him, take your business elsewhere, those £££ signs go falling out there eyes, so they want to bring them back and start trying to cut a deal.

yea I agree take a good look on the car anything you don't like take it off the price its also true if you say you don't want the car dealers usually are like wait and try and get you a good deal so try that.

and I suppose I must be lucky as I see the cars of my same type history and mileage for sale at at least 3000 lol.

but don't be put off tho im sure you can find another good 1 around if this 1 is not meant to be.

just remember everyone wants money at the end of the day so if the dealer wants it gone im sure you can work out a price just try not to be to desperate about it lol

Spoke to the dealer. He said that he needs to be able to get the asking price. So ahh well his loss I guess. But I'm sure there will be someone out there with cash burning in their pocket and buy it.

Seen another though for sale. With 5000 less miles same amount of service history and owners no advisories on mot. And what interested me most in ink blue (don't see many of them) and they want 3500 but looking and open to offers as well. To me sounds like a better option.

Don't know what you guys think but I get a better feeling from this one

Always good when they will negotiate, if they havent got the will to negotiate they are either tight fisted - they want every penny for it and wont want to spend a penny after you take posession of it - in which case, you can trust the "warranty" that is given to you will be upheld without a fight, or, they dont have a clue what they are doing, cant price a car up for tat or have tried to price it at the very bottom of its worth and so will skimp where they can.

Sounds to me like the ink blue is a better deal! definately worth a look and a conversation!

yea defo I agree I think that 1 from the dealer was asking to much.

Quite a few dealers seem to be on another planet with car pricing. A couple of places had identical mk1.5's when I got my replacement focus and wanted up to twice what I paid!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club