Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Turbo For 1.8 V16 Focus Zetec

Captain Sketch

Hey guys I'm new to this forum stuff, I currently own a 1999 1.8L 16V Focus Zetec and was wondering if a turbo from a Mondeo TDI will fit? just want to know how much i will have to do to the car.

U won't be able to just bolt it on, u will need a proper turbo conversion which can run into thousands to do it properly. A supercharger would be an easier route and require less parts.

i looked into this a long while back in short i was told it would cost thousands to modify the engine to take either a turbo or supercharger the cheaper option was to have nos fitted however the internals wont take it for long so uprated internals were needed also in the tuners words dont waste youre time or money you can buy a more powerfull car for far less

Yeah if was a few years ago then going for a 2002 focus rs would of been better but I think now u can't find a rs for reasonable money.

very true i wa told to look at a mondeo v6 estate if i wanted to tune the car and get more reliable grunt bu rton power are the pros on the zetec engines heres there info http://www.burtonpower.com/tuning-guides/tuning-guide-pages/ford-zetec-e-tuning-guide.html

I knew alot of the internals will have to be changed, I was only considering a turbo or supercharger because I'm only 19 and this is my first car, I was trying to get her ready for a Run What You Brung event in september in aid of Paul Walker, do you guys have any other suggestions to make my car quicker that won't cost thousands? all help appreciated.

Scrap it a buy a faster car, I had a 1.8 zetec mp3. I changed the whole exhaust system from manifold back, and also put in piper cams and cam gears. Didn't roll it to see what it done but I did hold off a merc c220d on acceleration from about 30 up to about 80 when they got annoyed and backed off. I was only young then.

read the above but it all costs te ecu was £100 remap was £300 the cams were £400 the exhaust was £300 thats £1100 alrady i was told a minimum £1500 for all that would need done ecu remap cams rolling road test power valve etc no offence mate but first car 19 yr old the insurance wouldnt cover you and if they did it would rise drastically having had the 1.8 and going down this route honest opinion is dont other earn some no claims and experince save youre cash and buy a more powerfull car in a few years

yeah thats alot of money to be throwing into this car that was only £300 to begin with, and my initial plan was to do these mods drag it at the event and then sell it on. but yeah, I'll just give it a while and if it goes to plan I'll be going against my mate and his 1.4 V16 corsa so I think as stock Ive got this lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club